• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
16008896711232.jpg

Tony6239

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/19
Just a few I have but really getting the bug for vietnam war era gmts and subs.

The 626Xs are 10+ year old DWs. I always had good luck with David and must have purchased nearly 10 watches from him.

b0fc1ea0f2593bb3e908ef77c9b0e9db.plist

21799b90d044d53c7e97039e84530c1e.jpg

1c087e7bee662f5e666c32829c54886c.jpg

e4912c73b6cfd868e0f45240e21a61c9.jpg

36d92b0423dca5301fe526c48cf2ebac.jpg

c47be132be580c2192980e3463994265.plist

63928df8c7358eb02d4de43eb70749c5.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Tony6239

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/19
Very nice!!

Does it have the thicker caseback?

I’m looking for it, but caseback stops me to order

Yes I have a few correct style casebacks but have not got around to changing. Mostly because it sets the same height on the wrist even with the thicker caseback.

I’ve had several highend reps. These PB 1675s make great starters for modding. They accept

Gen

Crystal
Bezel
Bezel insert (some filing)
Bracelet

The bezel on the watch is free spinning from the factory due to a thin clutch washer however all that is need is to disassemble and fold the washer in four even places then reflatten back and reassemble. The bezel will also accept gen bezel inserts with some filing.

The bezel is gen style construction. However it has too large inner diameter and uses a plastic gasket to achieve the necessary pressure to hold the crystal. When using a gen style crystal with this bezel it will need to be both filled to accept the gen style crystal and then you must reuse the gasket as it is actually too large produce enough tension without the gasket but tight with the gasket. Just needs a little modding to accept. Again you could always order a clark or wso bezel.

It will accept a gen bezel insert with filing as I did on this one.

Crown guards can be made to look good with some filing and modding. I’ve seen some very impressive builds from talented modders as far as the case goes. Again you can do a lot with this when it comes to modding.

I never modded to that level due to being lazy also prefer to think of my crown guards as over polished lol.

I mean when you consider all these 4 digit GMTs will still after all modding be ICHS the PB for $200 and some work vs $1500 for a vietnam 1675 and a lot of work makes a lot of sense to those who want a reasonably good 1675 with some work. Vietnam builds require a fair amount of talent/skill and $$$$.

I am in no way saying the BP 1675 is as accurate as a vietnam 1675 but at over 5Xs the cost it’s going to be.

I have seen some very impressive mods on BP 1675s for maybe 1/2 the cost of a vietnam 1675.

Also it takes a fair amount of skill to build a vietnam 1675 due to the fact a eta movement will not work without modding.

Last edited:
Reactions: lfarcos

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Yes I have a few correct style casebacks but have not got around to changing. Mostly because it sets the same height on the wrist even with the thicker caseback.

I’ve had several highend reps. These PB 1675s make great starters for modding. They accept

Gen

Crystal
Bezel
Bezel insert (some filing)
Bracelet

The bezel on the watch is free spinning from the factory due to a thin clutch washer however all that is need is to disassemble and fold the washer in four even places then reflatten back and reassemble. The bezel will also accept gen bezel inserts with some filing.

The bezel is gen style construction. However it has too large inner diameter and uses a plastic gasket to achieve the necessary pressure to hold the crystal. When using a gen style crystal with this bezel it will need to be both filled to accept the gen style crystal and then you must reuse the gasket as it is actually too large produce enough tension without the gasket but tight with the gasket. Just needs a little modding to accept. Again you could always order a clark or wso bezel.

It will accept a gen bezel insert with filing as I did on this one.

Crown guards can be made to look good with some filing and modding. I’ve seen some very impressive builds from talented modders as far as the case goes. Again you can do a lot with this when it comes to modding.

I never modded to that level due to being lazy also prefer to think of my crown guards as over polished lol.

I mean when you consider all these 4 digit GMTs will still after all modding be ICHS the PB for $200 and some work vs $1500 for a vietnam 1675 and a lot of work makes a lot of sense to those who want a reasonably good 1675 with some work. Vietnam builds require a fair amount of talent/skill and $$$$.

I am in no way saying the BP 1675 is as accurate as a vietnam 1675 but at over 5Xs the cost it’s going to be.

I have seen some very impressive mods on BP 1675s for maybe 1/2 the cost of a vietnam 1675.

Also it takes a fair amount of skill to build a vietnam 1675 due to the fact a eta movement will not work without modding.

Thank you mate for your information and explanation. Very useful.

You have a nice 1675

Cheers