• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Leaving the house with just one vintage Rolex? Won’t happen to me, folks. Have a great weekend!

VFwJR6.jpg

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada

1016 for #explowednesday.
If anyone is wondering I make distressed vintage rolex ad art pieces .. this is what my watch is on

explorer ad for the asian market dry mounted to a piece of heavy grain wood that has been "toasted" and then the entire piece is distressed to give a vintage look and feel

yup Im a watch nerd.

Reactions: Mendota

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN

1016 for #explowednesday.
If anyone is wondering I make distressed vintage rolex ad art pieces .. this is what my watch is on

explorer ad for the asian market dry mounted to a piece of heavy grain wood that has been "toasted" and then the entire piece is distressed to give a vintage look and feel

yup Im a watch nerd.

Wow! That is beautiful. I love the craftsmanship. What made you think to do that, or are you an artist? Do you sell your pieces?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Wow! That is beautiful. I love the craftsmanship. What made you think to do that, or are you an artist? Do you sell your pieces?

Thank you! I was inspired by old vintage signs and really like the distressed look of "old stuff" things with character. I really like the look of some of these old ads and so I made a few prints of these ads and tried various distressing techniques. and vola! Yes I am an artist and a designer / fabricator and also a rolex enthusiast so I am combining my skills into my hobby and it worked out pretty well

Yes I do sell them and have a number of different pieces available Their all made to order and come in various sizes. from 8x11 to 20x 30 and possibly larger if needed. They seem to be quite popular. Its pretty cool and great for gift giving to that watch enthusiast that has everything or you dont know what to get them. A friend or family member isn't going to go out and drop 20k on a vintage sub but a piece of art for their home or office...perfect gift! They definitely seem to be popular in the Rolex community and I plan on expanding into tudor and omega , vintage motorcycle and cars .