• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

discog

Known Member
9/6/11
Vintage divers

1 rep
FFnato2.jpg

1 gen
Vostokoctagon88.jpg

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Donerix - As always, outstanding vintage collection
Deadbear - 5512 coming along nicely, though I'd post it's twin... ;)

e1664d6e.jpg

Reactions: bc031227

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Wow, what a thread!! :) It has got me salivating. :lol: Some of you guys have some seriously gorgeous and unique pieces there!

I have been a huge fan of vintage watches for years. The great thing about gen vintage watches in particular is that they can be very affordable and yet really wonderful pieces. I have quite a few of them, some going back to when I was a kid. I have been pretty good at keeping them over the years. I will show more of the collection as soon as I have time to take some shots, but in the meantime here are some of my favourites:

2011-12-1bhbhb2094152.jpg

From left to right:

Heuer Autavia GMT Manual - Probably the most beautiful watch ever made. The photo doesn't give it credit. I can't wear it for 5 minutes without looking at it! :)

Tudor Monte Carlo - Everyone knows this one... This is the 7169/0 version with the Valjoux Cal.234.

Another Tudor (but rep) - The homeplate version of the Monte, a usual suspect on the forum and I highly recommend the ones made by Domi.

Tudor Snowflake - Another stunner. Probably the second sexiest vintage watch after the GMT in my book!

Rolex Submariner 1680 - Well, classic and timeless beauty... :)

Heuer Autavia 11630 - This is the white dial version. Possibly the most difficult Autavia to find, even more so than the Sifferts. This one will soon undergo a restoration to get it back to its original glory.

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Nice Rooster, those are some beautiful timepieces! :thumbsup:

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Holy crap, rooster! I love all of those watches! I've never even seen that white Autavia before!

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Thanks for the link. I actually ended up there about a minute after seeing your post. :) Then I was off to OnTheDash, which has good pics of a very clean example. The straight-brush finish of the dial is gorgeous.

I love the blue sweep of the Siffert, but those orange hands and minute-register highlights are really something else. I think it's the best mid- to late-70s Heuer I've ever seen. Admittedly, some of their designs and color combos were pretty weird during the disco years. :)

I'm not even going to start on your GMT and your Rolex family. Awesome collection!

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Some great pieces here. I will play too:

Wow, what a collection.

Congrats Done.

Just thought I'd share few of my vintages too...
And my favorite!
IMG_4150.jpg

******* good beauty Omega.

Thanks for sharing, congrats.

Wow, what a thread!! :) It has got me salivating. :lol: Some of you guys have some seriously gorgeous and unique pieces there!

I have been a huge fan of vintage watches for years. The great thing about gen vintage watches in particular is that they can be very affordable and yet really wonderful pieces. I have quite a few of them, some going back to when I was a kid. I have been pretty good at keeping them over the years. I will show more of the collection as soon as I have time to take some shots, but in the meantime here are some of my favourites:

2dddd11-12-12094152.jpg

From left to right:

Heuer Autavia GMT Manual - Probably the most beautiful watch ever made. The photo doesn't give it credit. I can't wear it for 5 minutes without looking at it! :)

Tudor Monte Carlo - Everyone knows this one... This is the 7169/0 version with the Valjoux Cal.234.

Another Tudor - The homeplate version of the Monte, a usual suspect on the forum and I highly recommend the ones made by Domi.

Tudor Snowflake - Another stunner. Probably the second sexiest vintage watch after the GMT in my book!

Rolex Submariner 1680 - Well, classic and timeless beauty... :)

Heuer Autavia 11630 - This is the white dial version. Possibly the most difficult Autavia to find, even more so than the Sifferts. This one will soon undergo a restoration to get it back to its original glory.

Love them all, fantastic Heuer.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
Whoah.....great thread this, just found it. Some real diamonds in the rough there guys.

There's some great pieces here. @Rooster - wow, just wow!!!