• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
@Eunomians . . . . all I see here is Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, which is why I have become numb to this post and the marque in general. And then, once in a while, there's someone like you, who shows us a real vintage watch that just kills it!
Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for vintage pieces in the usual places, but most of them are 34, 35, or 37mm in diameter. Once in a blue moon I find one in 38, but even that it too small for my taste. Finding one in 41 is like winning the lottery, and you did it twice!
Congratulations!
Many thanks!

It was always an issue to find military and/or vintage watches that were not so diminutive size-wise. Not easy at all! There are still a few out there, but watch prices have gone hog wild as of late. We can all attest to this, unfortunately. Happy hunting.

Cheers :)

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
KBWPn3.jpeg

Feathers

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/9/21
Cambodia
Oh Lawd ... please share details about your SM300!!
Honestly, it's a little bit of an unknown to me @kilowattore may be able to fill in some of the blanks as he did the patina work so has been inside it!

It was picked up M2M on here, it wasn't expensive and I took it to be an old cartel, but it doesn't have the 'stubbies' or the closed 6 and 9 that are the common complaint on those and there's no evidence of the stubbies being removed or the numbers being opened up at a later point.

Last year it went to Kilowattore for a full ageing which really transformed the watch and I put it on a NOS Playa hexagonal strap which I think is about the perfect combo for this.

Like all of these, is it perfect, no, but damn it makes me smile when I look at my wrist!