• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

Fpicabia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/17
Breil Manta- 50 BAR case that, to me, looks like the same thick case as the Blancpain BUND/Squale. Trying to source a movement for it. Original, "dead" quartz movement is marked AS DM 536 121 ESA. I think the coil has failed? Found on another forum sold by a guy living in Israel. Not yet sure if i should source an automatic or keep it quartz. It came with the gold replacement crown. The firm, unidirectional and fully luminous bezel is PERFECT. Not generally a fan of black watches but this finish and aging are, in my opinion, amazing.

Tudor- Lollipop hour hand submariner picked up at one of those shoe store/watch repair places in NYC in the west village.

Seiko 6105-8119- Hacking, missing original seconds hand

Landeron- Chrono from France. A "new" reproduction/homage thing that I added all the bits of red for my failing eyes. ;)

Ahem, pardon the image dump. It's fun to get back into some forums after a good long while and watches come and gone.
Thanks for all the tips, information, research and development going on over at the 1016 thread.

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
H6rTiP.jpeg

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Yes, it is, bracelet too. I put on the aftermarket mesh bracelet to sort of disguise it to deter thieves. It was an incredibly lucky find. They are all Gen except the Landeron which was made a few years ago.
Great find! Lovely!

Reactions: Fpicabia

Hwypirate

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/23
I've just completed the first few stages of my Rolex vintage sea-dweller, still got some work to do on it, but over the course of doing it a couple of members have shown me some great shots of there vintage watches that i hadn't seen before and they were great for inspiration, so i think it would be good to get a small collection of pictures going (this may have been done befoe), if you've got a vintage watch (any make) lets see them, doens't matter if it's a picture on your camera phone of SLR...

I'll kick it off with a few left over pics i had

Rolex Sea-Dweller (bleached bezel, removed pearl, roughed up the case, new 21J movement, burnt dial & hands, sealed HEV, greased gaskets)

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

Movado 1940’s triple date, 1970’s Omega Marine chronometer and 1966 Speedy with 321 caliber.