• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
3m0M41.jpg

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
beautiful! specs?
it's an MBW that I bought here.
MBW case
gen T39 crystal
ETA 2846
gen dial
gen hands
CAC insert

@tripdog reshaped the case, polished the crystal, installed the gen dial and hands, added a nicer pearl, and swapped out the broken Athaya crown for a Viet one.
Then once it came home, it got a full overhaul, more polishing on the xtal, and got the ghosty insert (with the new pearl) installed.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Holy…

Amazing!! 🤩

Thanks 🙏 now I'm looknig at it and I think I'll rework the crown a bit ... chamfer the side that sits on the case to make it look thiner ...
I'm really happy with the dial and the bezel ... both custom made in my workshop :p
I'm already working on another honeycomb dial ... 6204 "split logo" ... I'm afraid I'll have to take my skills up by one level or two :eek:

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Thanks 🙏 now I'm looknig at it and I think I'll rework the crown a bit ... chamfer the side that sits on the case to make it look thiner ...
I'm really happy with the dial and the bezel ... both custom made in my workshop :p
I'm already working on another honeycomb dial ... 6204 "split logo" ... I'm afraid I'll have to take my skills up by one level or two :eek:
I looked at the dial - just WOW!!! Followed up also another thread were you did some explanation regarding "honeycomb" dial.
Amazing work.

Nice work. Also nice works you are planning (slim the case, rework the crown)
Great build!