• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
734443783a26557bafa7992003f66654.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
First time that I ever disassembled a watch in any way. Got the bezel off, popped off the insert and did some aging as a fun project to see how it would turn out for a noob like me.

Did not have any bleach, so used a different chemical and put it in the sun 3 minutes at a time until I got the result I wanted. Gave it a couple of scruffs as well. I'm guessing the chemical turned the insert into a faded purplish/redish colour. It looks pretty good IMO. What do you think?

O9m6FBx.jpg

Hugop

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/09
First time that I ever disassembled a watch in any way. Got the bezel off, popped off the insert and did some aging as a fun project to see how it would turn out for a noob like me.

Did not have any bleach, so used a different chemical and put it in the sun 3 minutes at a time until I got the result I wanted. Gave it a couple of scruffs as well. I'm guessing the chemical turned the insert into a faded purplish/redish colour. It looks pretty good IMO. What do you think?

O9m6FBx.jpg
Kinda cool look. Seems a little chalky in the pic. What chemical did you use?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Kinda cool look. Seems a little chalky in the pic. What chemical did you use?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was on the hunt for bleach but couldn't get anything nearby, the insert was already off and I couldn't wait any longer lol. I used a basic all-round cleaner that consists of Sodium carbonate and Sodium hypochlorite. It has less than 5% bleach. Total time in the sun was around 10 minutes. The more I look at it, the more happy I am with the colour. May get a 5513 to try with actual bleach.

Bart Cordell

I'm Pretty Popular
14/7/15
Sodium hydroxide work well. The effect is better than bleach but it works much faster. Few seconds are enough to fade an insert, minute and you get a ghost.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

O9m6FBx.jpg
I like it

Sent from the RWI App