• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
My newest joy.... just arrived yesterday. Built by Daz, purchased from Stan.

dsc0012ha.jpg

dsc0005bz.jpg

dsc0001xi.jpg

:thud:

wow...damn that is sexy.

jerkstore

27/12/12
My new 6538. Most parts are from Bonesey. I put it all together and learned a lot.

IMG_0051_zps6fbfedc1.jpg

IMG_0061_zpsf1c02e03.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Silix case, Athaya 8mm crown, custom dial from pvirus, yuki bezel pearl and I believe the bracelet is Yuki as well.

abzack

Renowned Member
26/11/11
Here are some pics of my vintage collection (Gen & Rep). Missing are my Aerospace GMT and another SST, which are out being restored.
dsc0065os.jpg

Hamilton Self-Winding and Rolex 1665
dsc0066fc.jpg

Tudor 74100 and 79090
dsc0067qaq.jpg

Zodiac Sea Wolf and Rolex 6263
dsc0068ct.jpg

Tudor Small Rose and Rolex 1680
dsc0069jt.jpg

Finally, a couple Zodiac SST 36000
dsc0070tk.jpg

My photo skills leave a lot to be desired, especially using my phone to take them, but I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Cheers!

civic4982

Renowned Member
11/9/11
Mendota: First off thanks for the kind comments.

Silix case, Athaya 8mm crown, custom dial from pvirus, yuki bezel pearl and I believe the bracelet is Yuki as well.

Thanks Bonesey!

Yes all of the above is true. In addition it now houses a 2836-2 ETA movement but initially ran a 21J.

Plexi is Clark T19 that was dremeled down for a more accurate height.

Bracelet specifically is the Rivet Bracelet with Spring Action that Yuki sells. At around $150 that Yuki bracelet really "makes" the watch.

The dial was done and redone and redone again several times thanks to PVirus for being so patient :D

More photos can be found here:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-sub-6200-130987

These have the older dial and were prior to me redoing the seconds hand paint and relume I did myself on it.

This build has gone over several renditions. I'm glad that others are able to enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for the comments Mendota.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Does the $35 rivet that many of our other TDs sell really detract from the watch if you oil it with teflon bike lube? I am in the process of compiling a parts list for my own big crown build and I am trying to keep the price down.

I'm just wondering how much of a difference that extra $115 makes (over the $35 option) or if I am better off getting a nice leather strap from Donerix or someone.

Since Silix and the Cartel can no longer get these cases, the price for the build has really increased considerably. Long story short, according to Josh at PC and Michelle at Silix, something major happened at the factory and production has ceased. If they want to produce them again, they have to go back to the drawing board. That leads me to believe that it could be a tooling issue or something involving the equipment used to produce this case. Anyway, Josh said it's possible he might get more in a couple of months, but Michelle flat out said to go somewhere else as she doesn't expect to get them anymore.

That leaves Yuki, NDT, Phong, Raffles Time, or the new case that Athaya is working on. He told me he expects to have his case (and a new dial he's working on) ready very soon.