Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Lets see your vintage watches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see your vintage watches

I've just completed the first few stages of my Rolex vintage sea-dweller, still got some work to do on it, but over the course of doing it a couple of members have shown me some great shots of there vintage watches that i hadn't seen before and they were great for inspiration, so i think it would be good to get a small collection of pictures going (this may have been done befoe), if you've got a vintage watch (any make) lets see them, doens't matter if it's a picture on your camera phone of SLR...

I'll kick it off with a few left over pics i had

Rolex Sea-Dweller (bleached bezel, removed pearl, roughed up the case, new 21J movement, burnt dial & hands, sealed HEV, greased gaskets)

Haute Living [URL="[SIZE="2"]Rep: Watches, fashion and photography inspiration

Here's my 5512... lightly bleached insert, 25-19 Clark's crystal

Comment

1960's Universal Geneve "Golden Shadow" made for Tiffany & Co.

It has a solid 18K gold case...this was my grandfather's retirement watch.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people that you are....you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

My current pride and joy.

Lots of work in this one. rsea base and the rest by me!

eh?
        "Modding = turning a $100 rep with flaws into a $500 rep with a few less flaws"
        "There is only so much I, you or any self-styled "expert" can really "know."" donaldejose
        "frig, wtf?? Really man." sub4me
        "If I were a Pam guy, or if I traveled, or if I had money, I'd be all over this!!" levelmanroger
        "Frig you could have at least posted a LESS hot tranny" JC7
        "The one who dares to tell me that he won't doggystyle "her" is gay or a liar......" NSTNS
        "that one is frigpiggin cool" trksh-bzr

Comment

Those are some nice looking watches! Ive got alot more techniques to learn.

Comment

Why you need to wind your automatic watches!

Comment

I'll some more in the mix (not mine btw)

Comment

Here is a picture of the only known Soviet Battle PAM in existence:

Comment

Comment

Trandy, I really like your UG!

1943 Universal Geneve 263 manual wind

1964 Seamaster automatic

Ellis watch Co, probably 50's but maybe 40's 17j manual wind

1927 Hamilton 916 with 17j
                    310 HP and drum brakes...
                    That's an adventure in motoring !!!

Comment

From my watch box:

1960s Waltham diver:

1930s (I think) gold-filled Lord Elgin, too small, so is the wife's:

Another of hers. A Hamilton rep:

"First you have to think what this hobby means to you. Is it all about deceiving people, being anal about small details... or is it just general "watch love"? I can honestly pick up the latter. Nobody has ever asked if my watches are genuine or not... even Rolexes." By-Tor

"I was going to say that the balls BB posted looked very smooth and shiny, but you've ruined my mood." frigpig

"I know. I'm sorry s e a d going to pay closer aggression to what I'm typing from now on." egroegart

Questions about RWI and its relationship with the cartel? Read this.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_boy, post: 818654
                        I honestly love this, um, creation of yours!
                        Thanks! I love your Waltham as well. I have swapped the hands on the watch since the picture was taken. Here are the new ones:

Originally posted by wat44, post: 818631
                        Hey Mate,
                        I love the watch. Maybe we should convert it into the second known Soviet PAM in existence? I already have a case, Molnija movement ring and uncut stem! I was going to build one from the watch below that I just got off ebay, but I've killed the movement.

Comment

Ok, lets see what I have, not much vintages replicas, but some gens. In my opinion they are vintage ones, according the watch replicated or age.

They are not vintagized with old look, because I prefer the new look, but they are watches from 80's or older.

Replicas.

Air Kings

Mcqueen

Single Red Sub

Pepsi GMT

Blue Sub

Gens

Omega Red Star

Omega Seamaster

Omega Mark II

Omega Speedmaster reduced

Cartier

Patek

Eterna

Seiko

Ultra Thin Tissot Manual Wind

Poljot

Rolex DJ
                          signature and avatar made by ? spirit ? .

Comment

I like the last DJ. Not the usual Rollie style. Reminds me of the post WWII era building's clean lines.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfwood, post: 818771
                              I like the last DJ. Not the usual Rollie style. Reminds me of the post WWII era building's clean lines.
                              Thanks a lot,

It is a nice one, and the bezel isn't so common, I like it a lot, my first rolex, gift of my father, in fact the watch belonged to him, than he gave me when I complete 16 years, then robed me at 20, and I found an exact model one year later.
                              signature and avatar made by ? spirit ? .

Comment

Working...
                              X