• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone help find Rep/Franken Rolex 'bubbleback'?

dubhdubhdubh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/19
Hi all,
​​​​​​My searching here shows that there's not currently any TD offering bubbleback reps (like my fave, the 2940). Bit anybody know of builders making/assembling Rep or Franken versions of any of the many bb models? Any info or points of contact would be very helpful, thanks!

dubhdubhdubh

27/7/19
Hah, yes XLR8R thats certainly the best advice :) There's a particular one (...or 3...) that I've been following for close to a year now around 2-3k. I know I should just jump in on one! I have the naive hopes that there might be a rep or Franken that'd be less than half that cost, but maybe I'm s.o.l. on that.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Hi all,
​​​​​​My searching here shows that there's not currently any TD offering bubbleback reps (like my fave, the 2940). Bit anybody know of builders making/assembling Rep or Franken versions of any of the many bb models? Any info or points of contact would be very helpful, thanks!

Yes There is a member named Geordieboy next door at rwg.cc I dont know if he has the ref you are looking for but I was considering a sweet 5015 with a sweet california dial that he had built and had for sale

IIRC he had a bunch of parts and such so hit him up maybe he can help you out. [h=2]
2097872869_ppp031.JPG.64ef68ffd4336c5d068902eed103ed80.JPG
[/h]

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Ah thanks so much 369mafia , I'm a newish member over there too and hadn't seen that member. I really appreciate the help!

My pleasure friend! Looking back at that piece he had for sale has got me interested in it again lol wonder if he still has it?
Ive recently got into 34mm rolex and tudors and am now comfortable with the size so a bubble back at 33mm wont be much a shock.

good luck in your build would like to see pics when its completed

Reactions: dubhdubhdubh

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
My pleasure friend! Looking back at that piece he had for sale has got me interested in it again lol wonder if he still has it?
Ive recently got into 34mm rolex and tudors and am now comfortable with the size so a bubble back at 33mm wont be much a shock.

good luck in your build would like to see pics when its completed

33 mm ?.. sounds really small.
34 mm looks perfect on my wrist but I think it's the smallest I would easily wear ... and my wrist is only 16.5 cm.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
33 mm ?.. sounds really small.
34 mm looks perfect on my wrist but I think it's the smallest I would easily wear ... and my wrist is only 16.5 cm.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello friend welcome back from holidays...hope you had a great time

You could easily pull off a bubbleback ...it would look great on you.

dubhdubhdubh

27/7/19
Yep it's interesting fellas, first ones I saw more recently irl made me think 'my god those are small!', whereas I remember as a kid my Irish grandfather's watch looking huge :) My 1st m2m purchase here recently was a 34mm Explorer to be close in size, and it's quite a good look. I'm likewise at about 17cm wrist. The bubblebacks, and most specifically the 2940 just seems like my ideal watch (...along with a 40mm Milgauss, and a 47mm 'Rolerai'... And about a dozen others haha)

Reactions: 369mafia