• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 PCG - just some info

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
What plexi did you use with each build? I like the height. I’m guessing you had to sand the retaining ring inner diameter to fit as well?

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
What plexi did you use with each build? I like the height. I’m guessing you had to sand the retaining ring inner diameter to fit as well?

I used a CousinsUK Tropic 39. I would never sand the retaining ring, that is too much work. I used a dremel to carefully remove a little of the plexi. The part that doesn't show. Lots of different diameter plexis out there.

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
The blisters on my hands agree with you.

Given that the visible part of the plexi is a larger diameter, do you install in the following order:

Retaining ring first, then slide plexi into gap between retaining ring and rehaut?

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
The blisters on my hands agree with you.

Given that the visible part of the plexi is a larger diameter, do you install in the following order:

Retaining ring first, then slide plexi into gap between retaining ring and rehaut?

Visible part is smaller, not larger. Retaining ring would go half the way down before sanding. Top part will compress easily in a press anyway since it has no rehaut to stop it. Plexi exterior was 30.5mm at the base, retaining ring 30.15ish. Used to be the retaining ring was 30.35ish. Don't know why they would change it. But gen plexis vary, that is why this exists:

http://www.ofrei.com/page419.html