• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dial 1675

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Good morning guys I need information, Where can I find a high quality Vietnam dial, which more closely resembles this quadrant I enclose photos of here. For anyone who wants to, you can attach sales links thanks
90ca13333c6cef0d9508dd213a50bbbe.jpg

Inviato dal mio CLT-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Well the watch started as a yodog vietnam build.

I changed few things since then.
and now it has:

gen crystal
gen tube and crown
gen bracelet
Gen springbars
custom insert (have a gen one too)
dial is Vietnam relumed by yodog with custom spacer
Hands relumed too
gmt hand I custom maded and painted myself.
I did convert top tier ETA 2836 to gmt and put it in.
bezel is modified to work like a gen and is custom made by yodog.
BP donor watch dwo with custom spacer
watch is waterproofed to minimum 6bars
also repolished and rebrushed whole case

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
oascom beautified build.
Was the gen jubilet hard to source? Did you get it from TRF?

Well its certainly not fun cause the first one I bought turned out to be fake. I had to deal with return etc.

same with inserts most of are fakes out there.

They use pictures of one thing on the ads and send you something different.

But in the end I have what I wanted just took a bit of time.

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
ell the watch started as a yodog vietnam build.

I changed few things since then.
and now it has:

gen crystal
gen tube and crown
gen bracelet
Gen springbars
custom insert (have a gen one too)
dial is Vietnam relumed by yodog with custom spacer
Hands relumed too
gmt hand I custom maded and painted myself.
I did convert top tier ETA 2836 to gmt and put it in.
bezel is modified to work like a gen and is custom made by yodog.
BP donor watch dwo with custom spacer
watch is waterproofed to minimum 6bars
also repolished and rebrushed whole case

I noticed you said you modified the bezel to work like gen. Mine currently spins around like a drunk pilot hahaha. So how did you do it?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Yodog put a piece of metal there to make it harder to move but it wasn't the best so I made my own piece of metal and bended it so that it touches retaining ring and side of the bezel from inside and it push upward to create some friction. It works really well. Can only move the bezel when I push and rotate and its smooth. But wont move by itself.

Fastman119

10/1/19
Man, in my experience these painted dials are a real nightmare to source if you're OCD about straight lines/flat hour markers. When I was looking, I found that Ruby's Watch and Minh Quy (Minh Qui) were the only two options I was considering (which I believe even they buy the dials from somewhere else - could be wrong on this).

MQ sells his dials for considerably more (about $400 as compared to Ruby's ~$250) so I figured his would be better quality - and granted, the lines did turn out straighter, but damn was it difficult to get the color right, and an even bigger hassle to get a hand-set made.

In the end, after some really slow communication and QC pictures that didn't resemble the actual product, I got a really good dial with straight lines, but the matching handset was lumed really poorly and couldn't even be mounted to the watch. Hard to say if it was worth the hassle, as you could probably get two dials + a handset from Ruby for the price of one+hands from MQ. Unfortunately in this case, a decent gen 1675 dial goes for about $1,200, so I don't know of many alternatives.

I'll attach what I'm talking about with QC pics.

QC:
1562586349886blob.png

Actual:
IMG-3547.jpg

Last edited:

SuperTopGun

Banned
10/2/15
Man, in my experience these painted dials are a real nightmare to source if you're OCD about straight lines/flat hour markers. When I was looking, I found that Ruby's Watch and Minh Quy (Minh Qui) were the only two options I was considering (which I believe even they buy the dials from somewhere else - could be wrong on this).

MQ sells his dials for considerably more (about $400 as compared to Ruby's ~$250) so I figured his would be better quality - and granted, the lines did turn out straighter, but damn was it difficult to get the color right, and an even bigger hassle to get a hand-set made.

In the end, after some really slow communication and QC pictures that didn't resemble the actual product, I got a really good dial with straight lines, but the matching handset was lumed really poorly and couldn't even be mounted to the watch. Hard to say if it was worth the hassle, as you could probably get two dials + a handset from Ruby for the price of one+hands from MQ. Unfortunately in this case, a decent gen 1675 dial goes for about $1,200, so I don't know of many alternatives.

I'll attach what I'm talking about with QC pics.

QC:
1562586349886blob.png

Actual:
IMG-3547.jpg

OK thanks friend

eddy@manu

Banned
5/1/17
the dial you are looking for is a long E, I show you my watch with the Long E Vietnam dial
7d8b88d1b896b45866b30402e0ca5276.jpg
4a09efdda6bd23b6e3c06280a665dc4c.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

SuperTopGun

Banned
10/2/15
the dial you are looking for is a long E, I show you my watch with the Long E Vietnam dial
7d8b88d1b896b45866b30402e0ca5276.jpg
4a09efdda6bd23b6e3c06280a665dc4c.jpg

Eddy confirm that this is exactly what I'm looking for, do you have a web link where I can buy?

eddy@manu

Banned
5/1/17
Eddy confirm that this is exactly what I'm looking for, do you have a web link where I can buy?

there is no weblink, if you want it contact me in private, I have a company that reprints them

SuperTopGun

Banned
10/2/15
there is no weblink, if you want it contact me in private, I have a company that reprints them

Hi eddy good mid-August, I wanted to know if you can tell me who reprints that type of dial