• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 Submariner builds.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Two 5513 Submariner builds.

One has quite a few Rolex parts, the other is made mostly of Cholex parts. This gives two wildly differing budgets - one cost more than 3 times the other to build.

Both required equal amounts of work to get them looking the way they do - despite one of them having a theoretically better base to work from - and I'd be happy to wear either of them.

So, as the noobs say - 'Which is the best ?'

Depends on your definition of 'best' - the best is the one you like the most. :D

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Them hands!!

Where would ONE find these?!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
tripdog , since you're probably the most familiar with VN cases, do you know if 5512 or 5513 PCG vietnam cases exist that take 26mm dials? I've read that many people have bought them only to find they need 27mm dials.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog , since you're probably the most familiar with VN cases, do you know if 5512 or 5513 PCG vietnam cases exist that take 26mm dials? I've read that many people have bought them only to find they need 27mm dials.

The name 'Vietnam cases' doesn't mean anything in terms of quality or specifications.

A case from Vietnam made to genuine specifications will take gen parts.

A case from Vietnam made to non genuine specifications won't take many, if any genuine parts.

Ask the seller if it is made to genuine specifications and to be extra sure, what dial diameter it will take.

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Two 5513 Submariner builds.

One has quite a few Rolex parts, the other is made mostly of Cholex parts. This gives two wildly differing budgets - one cost more than 3 times the other to build.

Both required equal amounts of work to get them looking the way they do - despite one of them having a theoretically better base to work from - and I'd be happy to wear either of them.

So, as the noobs say - 'Which is the best ?'

Depends on your definition of 'best' - the best is the one you like the most. :D

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

amazing work, bud! May I ask where to get the flat plexi for that first Sub? I want to start a 5514 build but I kinda dislike dome crystals. That flat plexi is a beauty

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
amazing work, bud! May I ask where to get the flat plexi for that first Sub? I want to start a 5514 build but I kinda dislike dome crystals. That flat plexi is a beauty

It's a service T19, Offrei, CousinUK etc sell them.

Reactions: cpd2186

Artking47

Horology Curious
27/12/21
Both fantastic watches. I prefer the first dial, hope to have one built soon.