• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 Submariner builds.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I think they're awesome. I think it would be really hard to find better vintage reps. I don't know what you're expecting thechrono

Reactions: tripdog

RLX5513

Horology Curious
6/6/19
They are awesome. Just wondering what are the cases from. Can you share the whole parts source?

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
That second one is looking awfully familiar...;)

Reactions: tripdog

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
They are awesome. Just wondering what are the cases from. Can you share the whole parts source?

Matte dial is a Cartel base, the second gloss dial uses a case Ruby - which has been reworked as well.

RLX5513

Horology Curious
6/6/19
Amazing job with the cartel. I guess mod is heavier with this one. Ruby's it is a better Base. What about the bezel in the cartel, changed or modes?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Amazing job with the cartel. I guess mod is heavier with this one. Ruby's it is a better Base. What about the bezel in the cartel, changed or modes?

Depends on your point of view.

Yes.

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
How wide a delta in pricing are we talking?

Gen gloss with applied indices dial (try as I might, I can't love a matte dial) on the Cholex might be enough to tempt me to go no-date.

Last edited:

RolexApLovers

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/4/19
The gloss dial one is really amazing! How you found the ruby's cases? You will choice this one and modding or Phong is still a better choice?

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Did you use a Clark bezel for the cheap build? It looks perfect and I need one for my Comex SD.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jomtones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
I’m shocked by how good the cholex looks. Is it me or do the cholex chamfers look better than the higher end case? Are the chamfers stock or were they redone with a lapping machine?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Everything on the cases was re-done.

Reactions: jomtones

PepsiBezel

Horology Curious
3/6/19
United States
Would anyone be interested in selling a 5513 build? I have been in the market for one for quite some time, and I am loving all of the builds on this thread. I am located in Philadelphia for reference.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Both crystals are plexi, the white gold gloss dial is gen so is the crystal, the matte is a dial from Vietnam.

Can you give us some more specs on the second build Trip, Specifically the case and bezel as them bezel teeth are spot on! Great build on both you do amazing work