• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 Submariner builds.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Two 5513 Submariner builds.

One has quite a few Rolex parts, the other is made mostly of Cholex parts. This gives two wildly differing budgets - one cost more than 3 times the other to build.

Both required equal amounts of work to get them looking the way they do - despite one of them having a theoretically better base to work from - and I'd be happy to wear either of them.

So, as the noobs say - 'Which is the best ?'

Depends on your definition of 'best' - the best is the one you like the most. :D

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Holy ... I like both of them.
Nice pieces as all your builds.

Has the first one with the maxi dial a saphire crystal or are my eyes playing tricks with me ?

I like both watches, because I like both dials. If a have to chose one... it would be a hard descision, but I would take the second one with the "SWISS" dial.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Both crystals are plexi, the white gold gloss dial is gen so is the crystal, the matte is a dial from Vietnam.

Last edited:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Excellent work both look great, can't tell which one cost 3x more. Does the bezel have any click or just turns? My 5512 just turns and I want some click..lol

Reactions: tripdog

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Excellent work both look great, can't tell which one cost 3x more. Does the bezel have any click or just turns? My 5512 just turns and I want some click..lol

The genuine 5513 had a bi-directional non click bezel.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Like them both, the second more and that’s only because I prefer the later dials with white gold surrounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thechrono

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/19
Sorry if I’m honest I would say it’s not so impressive

Sent from my iPhone using RWI