• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 1675 Fuchsia insert

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
1675 Fuchsia

And here is another 1675 I recently made. This time it's an early '59-'60 reference.

For this project I could luckily use both Yodog's own deep scallped bezel and one of those fuchsia insert that made so much fuss lately.

I have to say yodog's bezel is a nice improvement over the stock vietnam one. The scallops are more vertical and go down all the way to the bottom of the side profile, making the bezel (in a way) look closer to a 6538 bezel.

The famous "fuchsia insert" that was sold recently, is up to his name. The fading is very even, and natural enough. Imho a less even fading would have made it more natural, but all in all it's just a matter of taste.

The colors are very nice and different than anything I ever got with my experiments. A very strong fuchsia tone, matched with a light blue/almost aqua. Quite appealing :)

The rest of the parts is just what you expect from a high end build: vietnam PCG case, vietnam true gilt dial, raffles hands with dwarf GMT hand, raffles dwo, gen crown. All good quality parts that have been extensively discussed already so I won't bore you any longer :)

More pics

Hope you enjoyed, more projects coming soon :)

tom1912

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19
australia
Looks amazing! All your builds looks amazing and your photography skills is mad good too!

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
1675 Fuchsia

And here is another 1675 I recently made. This time it's an early '59-'60 reference.

For this project I could luckily use both Yodog's own deep scallped bezel and one of those fuchsia insert that made so much fuss lately.

I have to say yodog's bezel is a nice improvement over the stock vietnam one. The scallops are more vertical and go down all the way to the bottom of the side profile, making the bezel (in a way) look closer to a 6538 bezel.

The famous "fuchsia insert" that was sold recently, is up to his name. The fading is very even, and natural enough. Imho a less even fading would have made it more natural, but all in all it's just a matter of taste.

The colors are very nice and different than anything I ever got with my experiments. A very strong fuchsia tone, matched with a light blue/almost aqua. Quite appealing :)

The rest of the parts is just what you expect from a high end build: vietnam PCG case, vietnam true gilt dial, raffles hands with dwarf GMT hand, raffles dwo, gen crown. All good quality parts that have been extensively discussed already so I won't bore you any longer :)

More pics

Hope you enjoyed, more projects coming soon :)

Hi kilowattore
​​​​​, can you let us see it with a steel strap?

Fastman119

10/1/19
IMG-3680.jpg

That's a hello from mine to while we're at it ;) Beautiful build! Interesting to see the dotted dial. Does that denote tritium like the underlined variant?

Last edited:
Reactions: bootlegboy

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
IMG-3680.jpg

That's a hello from mine to while we're at it ;) Beautiful build! Interesting to see the dotted dial. Does that denote tritium like the underlined variant?

i actually really love your fuchsia insert hahaha. you made the right choice picking the one with the most purple one I'd say. Mine was the less blue and more towards pink insert. :( beautiful build as well man hahaha