• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DW, DW...DW? Is one of them not like the rest?

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
Hey RWI,

I have had the fortune of owning at least two DWs, a 6263 and most recently, a 6239. The reason why I said at least two was, in my most recent acquisition of the 6239 (White with black subs), I got another 6239 (Black with white subs) that was thought to have been a DW. However, upon closer inspection, one key finding made me second-guess it, which was the presence of symmetrical pushers. Also, the crown on the suspect 6239 was a lot bigger that what I thought was normal.

I opened up both watches and found converted 775xs inside, which means it's not a cartel running an ST-19 (the 6 dial also works, since it's a 775x).

I saw in a post by TheSociety that some variants of DW's daytonas came with symmetrical pushers, so my question is: Is this the case (lol) here? I'm not aware of any other 37mm daytonas running 775xs, and haven't seen any examples of DWs with symmetrical pushers...

Pics:

May be a poor demonstration, but the crown is definitely right in between the two pushers:
VTH5cb.jpg

VTHaY3.jpg

Comparison of crown sizes:
VTLV1K.jpg

Movement:
VTHANL.jpg

Thanks for your input guys!

Reactions: Palace

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Some of Dw's cases do have symmetrical pushers mostly towards the end of his production
also he would use the 39 cases and use screw pushers to make them into 6263's
these are without doubt DW's watches , towards the end he used real crap crowns

Last edited: