• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A few vintage Daytona projects coming soon..... 6239,6263

oldwatchguy

Known Member
17/3/16
6239 with a fully reworked case to gen spec, gen spec dial and reworked silver bezel.

Here is a 6263 Im working on
Full gen spec case reshape

Waiting on Vietnam bezel and a tube to mount a gen crown. (Yes, the white sub hand was done on purpose)

Ill post pics as soon as its finished along with a silver tropical Im building as well!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Is it my eyes or does the 6239 have a fatter chrono hand at 6?
Great looking builds btw :)

Last edited:

tonyiza

Looking Around
26/1/16
Where can I found a dial for a 6263 for the oister version without daytona writing ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Palace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/18
Germany
These look awesome, Daytonas are growing on me ????

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

oldwatchguy

Known Member
17/3/16
Is it my eyes or does the 6239 have a fatter chrono hand at 6?
Great looking builds btw :)

I did it on purpose. Sometimes having a 1 part bit right can give the watch more story. I know most people won't like that but these watches are for me

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I did it on purpose. Sometimes having a 1 part bit right can give the watch more story. I know most people won't like that but these watches are for me

I’m curious, what would that story be?

The tropic dial on the 6263 is rather handsome, how did you achieve that effect?

Beautiful pieces! Look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: kilowattore

oldwatchguy

Known Member
17/3/16
I’m curious, what would that story be?

The tropic dial on the 6263 is rather handsome, how did you achieve that effect?

Beautiful pieces! Look forward to seeing more.

I saw this gen once and fell in love. I love vintage pieces with a story. Why does it have one white hand? I know it's odd but I thought it looked so cool

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Love these sigma dials!

these 2 dials are not "Sigma", the one in the picture is sigma

21mhopt.jpg

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I saw this gen once and fell in love. I love vintage pieces with a story. Why does it have one white hand? I know it's odd but I thought it looked so cool

I am 100% with you on this, I think I'll use the same approach on one of my future builds :)

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Excellent work without a doubt, unfortunately the "tropical" effect, in my opinion it is not completely homogeneous, the "tropical" effect occurs for watches that have more than 50 years of exposure to the solar light from there its name

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Excellent work without a doubt, unfortunately the "tropical" effect, in my opinion it is not completely homogeneous, the "tropical" effect occurs for watches that have more than 50 years of exposure to the solar light from there its name

To each its own, personally I find the tropical dial to be looking excellent and I would have bought it for me in a heartbeat if I had stumbled on it :)

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18

That’s the beauty of the tropical effect, it isn’t homogenous. In reality, the fading wouldn’t be homogenous across the dial - especially dependent on the watches story.
For instance a watch sitting on a barn window sill may only see light from specific angles for set amount of time. Some parts of dial may be in shadow.
And be wary of the examples of tropical gens. People mod gens all the time. Once dealers see that tropical sells for $10k more, they are quick to bake the gen dials too. This results in uniform tropic effect.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
oldwatchguy I forgot to ask you which movement are you fitting in these?