• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vietnam 6542 build

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Vietnam 6542 - fully modded

After posting about my modded TS watches 6542 (HERE) I had the chance to complete a full vietnam build as well.
I already posted about the differences between the two versions, here you will find see with your eyes what can be achieved.

Parts list:

Vietnam case, refinished and aged
Custom movement holder ring
Raffles hands with dwarf GMT
Vietnam gilt dial
Gen crown
Asian 2836 GMT
Raffles roulette DWO with open 6 & 9
Vietnam 7206 riveted bracelet

Here are the pics

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed!

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Lovely build. Too bad about the date wheel overlay though - frustratingly far left justified. Do you think it’s DWO or dial?
I got a pretty badly misaligned blue Tudor Dial from Phong - sounded like the whole batch was messed up. He sent me a black one instead.

Reactions: 369mafia

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Lovely build. Too bad about the date wheel overlay though - frustratingly far left justified. Do you think it’s DWO or dial?
I got a pretty badly misaligned blue Tudor Dial from Phong - sounded like the whole batch was messed up. He sent me a black one instead.

There's always compromise involved in a build,if this is frustrating then building might not be the right hobby for you :)
It is known that raffles dwo are left justifed, but there is no real alternative if you use an ETA/clone movement.
Regarding your Tudor dial there is a chance that Phong messed up, Tudor dials should have ETA date window position afaik.

itgoes211

10/4/19
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. All of your work is amazing and inspiring.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
There's always compromise involved in a build,if this is frustrating then building might not be the right hobby for you :)
It is known that raffles dwo are left justifed, but there is no real alternative if you use an ETA/clone movement.
Regarding your Tudor dial there is a chance that Phong messed up, Tudor dials should have ETA date window position afaik.

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
I suffer thru my frustrations with DWO’s but in the end find meaning in each project.
Like I said, this is an absolutely lovely watch! Keep them coming.

Reactions: josh676

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
Beautiful 6542, man these are just so cool with the aged bakelite insert.

As for the date wheel, I think this could easily be decal printed in the correct size.. hasn't someone done this before ?

Fastman119

10/1/19
Crazy, I love the tiny wear-and-tear scratches on the bakelite insert. Was that made with high grit sandpaper?

Last edited:

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Gorgeous! What was your total build cost (minus labour)?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Palace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/18
Germany
Sick build as always. This is so nice

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Gorgeous! What was your total build cost (minus labour)?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think around 1500 usd + a lot of shipping costs.

Reactions: atldml

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive

I resolve DW issue with a RIJI Roulette from Ebay.... (on a DG2813)

http://
24gu1vo.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

Kolohekeki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/19
Tremendous work as always, kilowattore! I hope to one day have the same skills, touch, and ability as you and the other masters who reside here.