• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1016 dial help

chad904

Horology Curious
7/2/19
hello im a little stuck on my first project would appreciate some tips from more experienced modders

I've managed to source a jmb case for my 1016 project and have a sw200 on standby from a local watch-smith but I'm a little stuck on dial options after yuki told me they will be out of stock for the next 4 months or so

i was looking at this dial with the eta leg positions but is currently not in stock and yuki has since stopped responding :(
https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/it...44/9637047.htm

now after some research i think my options are
- cut off the legs and use dial dots
- cut off the legs and attach them to a thinned down plain dial(raffles?)to use the correct leg positions
- try and source a dial from another supplier

of the few options my watch-smith told me that dial dots are not a good idea as the center hold is bound to rub against the hour hand one day and as for other suppliers I've seen good reviews on "Vietnam dial" which seems to be all from 1 factory but with many dealers, anyone knows how would i even start to get in contact with a dealer on this?

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
like we discussed in dm dial dots are the easiest way to go. if you are very crafty you can carfully cut the feet from the dial and reposition them to fit your eta movement and glue them back onto the dial to fit the eta movement.

the vietnam dial will be rolex fit so you will be in the same situation .

if your watch maker is going to be doing the assembly..let him worry about it!

chad904

Horology Curious
7/2/19
ill just rely on dial dots then!

didn't know about the vietnam parts, they look promising tho. maybe someday if i ever wanna replace the sw200 with a 1570..

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
ill just rely on dial dots then!

didn't know about the vietnam parts, they look promising tho. maybe someday if i ever wanna replace the sw200 with a 1570..

highly unlikely as it may not fit the jmb case and the price of a serviced movement is 3 times the value ofyour watch and climbing

chad904

Horology Curious
7/2/19
highly unlikely as it may not fit the jmb case and the price of a serviced movement is 3 times the value ofyour watch and climbing

A 1570 movement is 1500usd where I am from :(, I guess its kinda ex but I'll leave it to future me to decide lol

I thought a jmb case is using a base 16000 case? The interior shouldn't be modified right?

Last edited: