• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6610 Gilt Dial EXPLORER build ... Twin Sisters

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
That build is in "stand by" for somedays but I have some news about the gold handsets ...

Mk from Helenarou came back to me and said that he actually have the 6538 gold handset, exactly the same shape than de silver one and with 13mm minutes hand.
He said his shipping clerck sent the wrong style gold handsets by error and offered to send me the right ones.

So now I'm waiting for two 6538 gold handsets ... I hope they wil be OK.
If they are I'll probably keep all the hands (reworked and relume) and put the "big lollipop" idea asidefor now.

I din't think I'll update that thread until first week of August ... next week I'm leaving for a nice vacation :p

EDIT :
Mk just emailed me that I can keep the wrong style gold handsets, as a compensation for his error and me waiting some more time
So, if I'm able to matte a little the gold big lollipop without removing all the plating ... I could possibly try it
Ah that is great news!

Enjoy your holiday! Look forward to further updates

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi guys ... I've had to delay that project a little because of ... personnal issues :p
I'll be back in a week or two with some news about that

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Hi guys ... I've had to delay that project a little because of ... personal issues :p
I'll be back in a week or two with some news about that

Hope all is well brother and everything will be resolved.

I look fwd to seeing the progress...Talk soon!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hope all is well brother and everything will be resolved.

I look fwd to seeing the progress...Talk soon!

Thanks ... I just decided d to "Franken" my life ;) but swapping GF is a little more difficult than swapping movements
You take care of all specs, make some adjustments and regulate ... big difference is watch movements don't fight when you put them away but GF do ... hardly :p
Now all is well and life is good :cool:

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
Looking good so far. Check out caswellplating.com I think there is a step between stainless and gold...

phillies0179

Horology Curious
21/11/18
Thanks ... I just decided d to "Franken" my life ;) but swapping GF is a little more difficult than swapping movements
You take care of all specs, make some adjustments and regulate ... big difference is watch movements don't fight when you put them away but GF do ... hardly :p
Now all is well and life is good :cool:

Too funny. I am enjoying this thread a ton but that took the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Are these done yet? I keep checking the mail but dont see a package from you lol

look fwd to updates!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi guys ... watch hobby is still aside for the moment ...
Trying to regulate relationships with my EX and NEXT and my timegrapher proves to be useless ... what could be good is a time-machine to get 48 hours days :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 369mafia

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Hi guys ... it's been such a looooooong time since my last post here ...
I had to postpone that project but I did not stopped it ...

This weekend I started working again on that build ...
I want it to be as good as possible, though I started with a cheapie at first ...
So I took my chance on engraving that case ... with some nice results though far from perfect

And today I'm happy to show you my Brevet + 6610 from 1956 ...

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Wow Those engravings look great. they almost look stamped in .....good progress!!

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Almost finished ... I'm still waiting for a 6mm "+ Brevet" crown from Raffles but I couldn't wait longer to wear it
So I just fit a bad crown + tube set I had in my spare parts and weared it tonight :p
It's sister twin is still on my bench ... it will have a standard 6610 gilt dial, no depth mark and possibly glossy (or matte)