• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1675 GMT Blueberry, MKIII Radial dial.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Radial dial, 'Blueberry' insert. Both pretty rare in the history of 1675 GMT variations - and if it's rare it must be good - right ?

VNIzeA.jpg

The main feature of the MKIII Radial dial is the indexes - they are much more centred than on the standard dials.

Radial dials first appeared on 1675's in the 60's, on the gilt dialed version.

VNIyDQ.jpg

A matte white print version of the Radial dial was produced, but only for a couple of years - around about '76 to '78 - and not many of them either as the 1675 GMT was not a huge success in it's day.

VNIINf.jpg

At first the MKIII's look a little weird, balance wise, but I think they actually make for a more harmonious layout - less empty black space around the dial.

VNICyX.jpg

No one seems to know much about the origins of the Blueberry insert for the 1675 - and as usual Rolex won't confirm or deny any thing.

VNIcLp.jpg

From the little that is known, it seems that the blue bezels were only offered on watches that were specially ordered by a military air force - notably the French or UAE Air Force, or an authorized retailer (e.g. Cartier, Tiffany).

VNI0ks.jpg

Some Blueberry inserts may also have been offered to (very good) customers as an option for their GMT when the watch was serviced.

VNIkDh.jpg

Certain examples of the Blueberry GMT came with an all red GMT hand, although it seems these were extremely rare.

VNIxgD.jpg

Specs on this build:

Refinished Vietnam gen' spec' case.

Reworked WSO Blueberry insert.

Silver DWO.

Vietnam MKIII Radial dial.

Low beat DG3804B movement.

DaPhuck! Metalworks 7206 rivet bracelet.

Rolex 116 crystal.

Rolex 503 crown.

Thanks for looking.

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
So nice...love the radial dial. Saw one of those all red GMT hands on Instagram the other day...

Reactions: tripdog

Yingfu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/19
Asia
Great looking watch!
As a noob, I'm looking for sources for good rivet bracelets. I saw your spec list and the bracelet is from "DaPhuck! Metalworks". Could you let me know how to contact them?
best regards

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Dang, that’s a nice watch!

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I would rock the shit outta that watch!! Congrats to the new owner....Nice job Tripdog!

PAM1101

Renowned Member
3/11/12
headline - result - oh yes trip, very rare, cool and very good --> perfect work!