• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JK 1680 midcase engravings?

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
Just wondering if anyone has an image to hand of the JK factory 1680 on a NATO? Want to know what the engravings between the lugs are like before I spring for a NATO.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Cartel vintage Sub cases, like most budget cases have the serial numbers etc laser etched. A Cartel case isn't going to get passed someone with even fairly limited vintage Sub knowledge - aside from the laser etchings, the tube is in the wrong position in the case, lugs and crown guards will not be correctly shaped etc.

Reactions: xray7 and cpd2186

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
Cartel vintage Sub cases, like most budget cases have the serial numbers etc laser etched. A Cartel case isn't going to get passed someone with even fairly limited vintage Sub knowledge - aside from the laser etchings, the tube is in the wrong position in the case, lugs and crown guards will not be correctly shaped etc.

But besides all that, What are the engravings in between the lugs like? When I see someone wearing a Rolex, I look at those engravings (can be seen a mile away) and they are the sure tell!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
But besides all that, What are the engravings in between the lugs like? When I see someone wearing a Rolex, I look at those engravings (can be seen a mile away) and they are the sure tell!

Not everybody has your level of expertise when it comes to inter-lug engravings.

But yeah, on a Cartel they're laser etched, and that's what they look like.

Last edited:
Reactions: cpd2186

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Not everybody has your level of expertise when it comes to inter-lug engravings.

But yeah, on a Cartel they're laser etched, and that's what the look like.

Hi tripdog you know someone in Europe who makes correct incisions on gen spec cases?

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
A Cartel case isn't going to get passed someone with even fairly limited vintage Sub knowledge - aside from the laser etchings, the tube is in the wrong position in the case, lugs and crown guards will not be correctly shaped etc.

Many thanks for this. On a bracelet it'll stay.

Can't do much re the tube position, but lugs and CG have been worked.