• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1680 service style white dial (not red - gasp!) for JK 1680 head?

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
We all know how iconic a red 1680 is, and the interest that wearing one will elicit amongst watch people... so I'm thinking of taking a road far less travelled (and far less repped) and going with a, gasp, non-red 1680 dial for this item I just bought over yonder - https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/7790179-fs-1680-red-sub

My reasoning is simple - I've owned three subs to date, a custom 16800 built out of a JK 16610 by tripdog , a model which no factory has ever repped, loaded with gen goodness (and remarked upon by former senior Rolex management who thought it to be gen), and two TCs which were Frankened to near legitimacy externally (one having been off my wrist and fondled by a guy who knows the current subs intimately and makes a sideline flipping them with his AD friend to London money people looking to skip the wait).

In short, its got to be believable or fly under the radar. My view is, a service dial/"ruined for the collector" 1680 ticks both boxes.

Here we have a genuine luminova service dial for a white 1680 -
Vw43id.jpg

Considering that the host watch is a JK 1680 head running a DG2813, could anyone suggest a who has a good dial and hands with the service style markings?

Reactions: josh676

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
wont work, since the dial wont fit the case. I also dont think you would want to shave the dial by 0.5mm just to fit it into a crap chinese case

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
wont work, since the dial wont fit the case. I also dont think you would want to shave the dial by 0.5mm just to fit it into a crap chinese case

Not looking to slot a gen service dial in a cheap Chinese case. Looking for someone who makes the 1680 dial without red text and just keeps it "SWISS" at the bottom in line with a non trit dial.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Edit: sorry.wrong thread :)

Edit2: well, asking Helena Rou won't hurt anyway. They might have something for you.
Gen sized dials are 26.5mm while dial aperture in jkf cases is 26. That's why a good aftermarket dial will need to be shaved down and you will risk damaging it.

Last edited:

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
i dont know of anyone that makes a rep sized 1680 dial unfortunately, the viet makers cant even do it since their plates for 1680s are all 26.5mm, and their not going to cut a date window into their 5513 plates. if they can, it will be costly to do so probably