• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do anyone have any suggestions for 1675

milk051506

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
As a sub rookie to this forum but actually I have been studying Rolex vintage for a while.
I have a project to build a Rolex 1675. I already have dial,hands,5.3crown,2836gmt movement.
But the case,I don't want to use Vietnam case or cartel case.
Maybe I will make a case by cnc and a lot of handmade,I will try it and I am not sure if it is successful or not.
Or I should use the Vietnamese case directly.
Do anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

V9aWZe.md.jpg
V9aziT.md.jpg
V9ayIA.md.jpg
V9aIXQ.md.jpg

Reactions: Januar74

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
why did you feel the need to create a second account ?

Reactions: stufuse

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
If you can machine a case comparable to a Vietnam case for less - then go for it and get wealthy quickly!

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
If you can machine a case comparable to a Vietnam case for less - then go for it and get wealthy quickly!

^^ this.

If you can produce a Gen Spec case like the Vietnam cases, than go for it.
A lot of people could be interessted in such GMT midcase (incl. me)
:)

Reactions: Mendota

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
count me in on a case set , I need a pcg case but I can work with those CG that you have drawn.

looking fwd to seeing progress

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses for a gen-spec case set.

wassuphk

20/5/16
Interesting,but I think too hard to success!suggest you buy Vietnam case set directly

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Interesting,but I think too hard to success!suggest you buy Vietnam case set directly

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Isn't this exactly what the Vietnam case manufacturer is already doing? My understanding is there's a supplier who is doing exactly this, and then the various dealers (MQ, Phong, Ruby, etc.) cherry pick which ones they want and then they do their own final touches to them. But the initial case comes from the same supplier. So in theory, if one of our members can essentially do the same thing, but without all of that extra markup, why wouldn't he try?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam_zhang

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Isn't this exactly what the Vietnam case manufacturer is already doing? My understanding is there's a supplier who is doing exactly this, and then the various dealers (MQ, Phong, Ruby, etc.) cherry pick which ones they want and then they do their own final touches to them. But the initial case comes from the same supplier. So in theory, if one of our members can essentially do the same thing, but without all of that extra markup, why wouldn't he try?

What do you mean by extra margin

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
What do you mean by extra margin

I wrote markup, but margin is the same concept. As in Company A buys a box of nails for $1 and sells them for $2. If Company B can come in and purchase that same box of nails for $1 but then sell them for $1.50, they have a lower margin. This is why Phong, MQ, and Ruby are priced a little differently for the same basic case - they are operating with different margins. If the OP can produce and sell the same case set for less and still make it worth his time, he'd have a viable option to offer to members.

SuperTopGun

Banned
10/2/15
I wrote markup, but margin is the same concept. As in Company A buys a box of nails for $1 and sells them for $2. If Company B can come in and purchase that same box of nails for $1 but then sell them for $1.50, they have a lower margin. This is why Phong, MQ, and Ruby are priced a little differently for the same basic case - they are operating with different margins. If the OP can produce and sell the same case set for less and still make it worth his time, he'd have a viable option to offer to members.

I asked you this question because I also plan to design a Vietnam case with slightly lower prices

Sam_zhang

Horology Curious
3/4/18
Anyway, I've seen some action, and that's good, and I'm looking forward to it!

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I asked you this question because I also plan to design a Vietnam case with slightly lower prices

Awesome! Look forward to seeing it for sure! There's definitely a lot of love for the 1675 here. Are you just trying the 1675, or would you try any other cases? I am also going to be doing a 5510 sometime in the future...:)

Last edited:

SuperTopGun

Banned
10/2/15
Awesome! Look forward to seeing it for sure! There's definitely a lot of love for the 1675 here. Are you just trying the 1675, or would you try any other cases? I am also going to be doing a 5510 sometime in the future...:)

For the moment I am concentrating on the 1675 case finished project if business goes well I will also focus on other VINTAGE rolex references

Reactions: Mendota

milk051506

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
In fact, I only refer to the cartel case and collect a large number of genuine case pictures and data, but then draw out, not copy the cartel case, I will try to make a case of my own after the correction of the drawing correction. I need some time and effort.