Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Do anyone have any suggestions for 1675

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do anyone have any suggestions for 1675

As a sub rookie to this forum but actually I have been studying Rolex vintage for a while.
    I have a project to build a Rolex 1675. I already have dial,hands,5.3crown,2836gmt movement.
    But the case,I don't want to use Vietnam case or cartel case.
    Maybe I will make a case by cnc and a lot of handmade,I will try it and I am not sure if it is successful or not.
    Or I should use the Vietnamese case directly.
    Do anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

why did you feel the need to create a second account ?

Comment

If you can machine a case comparable to a Vietnam case for less - then go for it and get wealthy quickly!

[Link] The Truth About our Reps...

Comment

Please contact me when you start

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 RWI

Comment

Please contact me when you start

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

This is my first step, refer to the cartel case and the network data about 1675, and draw.

Comment

Originally posted by bobandshawn View Post
              If you can machine a case comparable to a Vietnam case for less - then go for it and get wealthy quickly!
              ^^ this.

If you can produce a Gen Spec case like the Vietnam cases, than go for it.
              A lot of people could be interessted in such GMT midcase (incl. me)
              time goes by so slowly ...

Comment

count me in on a case set , I need a pcg case but I can work with those CG that you have drawn.

looking fwd to seeing progress
                WANTED: ROLEX 6541 Milgauss Faraday Cage / Case back
                Too many watches...not enough time...

Comment

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses for a gen-spec case set.
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting,but I think too hard to success!suggest you buy Vietnam case set directly

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
                    WTB Vintage rolex daytona,welcome PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by wassuphk View Post
                      Interesting,but I think too hard to success!suggest you buy Vietnam case set directly

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
                      Isn't this exactly what the Vietnam case manufacturer is already doing? My understanding is there's a supplier who is doing exactly this, and then the various dealers (MQ, Phong, Ruby, etc.) cherry pick which ones they want and then they do their own final touches to them. But the initial case comes from the same supplier. So in theory, if one of our members can essentially do the same thing, but without all of that extra markup, why wouldn't he try?
                      Last edited by Mendota; 22-05-19, 17:45.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mendota View Post

Isn't this exactly what the Vietnam case manufacturer is already doing? My understanding is there's a supplier who is doing exactly this, and then the various dealers (MQ, Phong, Ruby, etc.) cherry pick which ones they want and then they do their own final touches to them. But the initial case comes from the same supplier. So in theory, if one of our members can essentially do the same thing, but without all of that extra markup, why wouldn't he try?
                        What do you mean by extra margin

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTopGun View Post

What do you mean by extra margin
                          I wrote markup, but margin is the same concept. As in Company A buys a box of nails for $1 and sells them for $2. If Company B can come in and purchase that same box of nails for $1 but then sell them for $1.50, they have a lower margin. This is why Phong, MQ, and Ruby are priced a little differently for the same basic case - they are operating with different margins. If the OP can produce and sell the same case set for less and still make it worth his time, he'd have a viable option to offer to members.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mendota View Post

I wrote markup, but margin is the same concept. As in Company A buys a box of nails for $1 and sells them for $2. If Company B can come in and purchase that same box of nails for $1 but then sell them for $1.50, they have a lower margin. This is why Phong, MQ, and Ruby are priced a little differently for the same basic case - they are operating with different margins. If the OP can produce and sell the same case set for less and still make it worth his time, he'd have a viable option to offer to members.
                            I asked you this question because I also plan to design a Vietnam case with slightly lower prices

Comment

Anyway, I've seen some action, and that's good, and I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                              X