• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Day-Date

DangerDan

Known Member
Certified
13/1/15
Hello,

I would like to build a Day-Date with parts from raffles.
So I picked out the parts and there comes a question in my mind.
I would like to build with a DG2813 or A2824 movement. So now to my problem.

The Day-Date needs the Day-Overlay. How will it be assembled on a DG2813 or DG2824?
Is every movement useable?

2nd question: Where can I get a better case, only on Yuki?

Thank you!
Cheers
Dan

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
Why a 2813?

I'd go with the a2824 eta clones. As for the datewheel overlay, you just add some dial tape to the dwo and stick it on top of the dw in the movement. You need to get a dwo specific to the movement, though.

As for cases, you don't need to go yuki. Not sure who has the best day-date case, but maybe ARF or noob. I defer to others' opinions.

Reactions: Arley89

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
You will need an eta 2834. Eta 2824 have only date function no day. Also yiu will need a day overlay along with a date overlay. Just a caution though Daydate builds are tough to get the day/date to flip correctly. Good luck.

DangerDan

Known Member
Certified
13/1/15
Hello and thank you for the info! I already glued a datewheel overlay, but no day wheel overlay.

BabaNJ: on Raffles you can only find the info, to use DG2813 or A2824. So this is wrong, correct?
But on raffles you find the 2836 movement.
http://rafflesdials.com/chinese-tia...vement-beautiful-have-never-been-used-before/
should this work too or doesnt fit it to the day wheel overlay and windows?
So it sounds very hard, to get such a model running...

Do you know where to get DJ cases alternatively to raffles?