• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1950's Watch Build Tutorial - Milgauss and 6204

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Excellent job, I really enjoyed this post. Thank you for taking the time.

Reactions: NCRich

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Seems so simple when you show us the steps with pictures. Great work and thanks for the tutorial!

Reactions: Bubbe Back1

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Don't know how I missed this when you posted it NCRich but I remember seeing the watches. Nice to see how they were done. Awesome skills brother, three at a time! What a fun and enlightening read.

Reactions: NCRich

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This is my go-to "vintage watch case mods" tutorial thread, and is what I read and first thought (thanks to the clear, concise instructions), "Wow... I think I could possibly do that!" Admittedly I'm still a long way away from being able to replicate Rich's skills (and still can't enlarge a lug hole successfully...) but I will forever be indebted to Rich for his vintage modding tutorials.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Don't know how I missed this when you posted it NCRich but I remember seeing the watches. Nice to see how they were done. Awesome skills brother, three at a time! What a fun and enlightening read.

This is my go-to "vintage watch case mods" tutorial thread, and is what I read and first thought (thanks to the clear, concise instructions), "Wow... I think I could possibly do that!" Admittedly I'm still a long way away from being able to replicate Rich's skills (and still can't enlarge a lug hole successfully...) but I will forever be indebted to Rich for his vintage modding tutorials.

Thanks for your kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

Netesac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
NCRich Awesome tutorial! Thank you. I just assembled my first 6538, and now I'm looking to build 2 more in a similar vintage style as you showed here. Do you have more details on aging the dials and applying the lume? I'd like to know what lume you use and how you get it that nice color. Thanks!