• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TS-watch Gmt 1675 "Handmade"

Youngmula808

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
Hey guys, i was looking for a not too Expensive but good 1675. I looked for something decent that needs some Mods so i went for the handmade Ts- Nation 1675. Im excited to see how well or how bad it is or if i even get it. Ts nation isnt a trusted dealer on here.

Here is the Link. I keep u updated as Soon i get QC Pics etc.

https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=23549

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
nice choice! Ive considered picking up one of these also. look fwd to seeing your pics and hearing your impressions!

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
I will be interested too, the problem is the crown guards which only the vietnam case seems closes to gen. Is it my eyes or are the ts watches crown guards also too short?

Youngmula808

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
sadly they are too short. i will get the lug holes modded, a new dial, plexi and maybe bezel and go from there.. we will see. maybe the crown guards can be shaped somehow

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
I'm interested to see what it looks like when you receive it. I love the 1675 GMT's!

Bluegold15

30/4/15
The pictures seem to show a very Gen like dial? never seen any 1675 rep with this type of dial. I'll also very interested in seeing what you receive. It also mentions a 'Gen' crown. Based on the case a Gen 5mm crown would be too small for this case as its not Vietnam spec.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Well it seems like dial has painted markers instead of the applied "aspirin-style" ones we're used to in cartel watches, and that's an improvement. That said I think gen-like is something different :)

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Dog poo cartel/bp case, as yodog mentioned. At least it doesn't have the aspirin marker/frog foot coronet dial.

It has potential, if you want to go PCG. The case will need to be laser welded for square crown guards, or just skip this watch and get a Vietnam case.

Reactions: GMT1675

Youngmula808

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
Well,shit. Is there no way to slim down the case and make it somehow decent? If not can i just get a case and put the movement etc in it? So a good start would be a case, new dial and maybe bezel/plexi?

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Well,shit. Is there no way to slim down the case and make it somehow decent? If not can i just get a case and put the movement etc in it? So a good start would be a case, new dial and maybe bezel/plexi?

You can go 1 of 2 ways. You can slim your current case down, and go for the peak crown guards. Then assemble it with:
WSO bezel assembly
Clark plexi
5.3mm crown & tube
Gen dial
Flat case back(if it came stock with the 5513 bubble back)

As for the Vietnam case, it's damn close to gen spec. You can swap everything over, but I think you'll need a different movement. I'm not sure of the vietnam case's crown/stem height, perhaps someone more knowledgable can fill us in.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
That’s a lot of money for an Asian movement and wrong case, wrong bezel and that weird cornet on the dial. I think you can get the same watch from Silex for like $219 un-distressed. I like the folded oyster bracelet though. If you really want a modded 1675, I’d honestly spend a couple hundred $ more and get a modder to put one together for you that’s 10x more accurate.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
That’s a lot of money for an Asian movement and wrong case, wrong bezel and that weird cornet on the dial. I think you can get the same watch from Silex for like $219 un-distressed. I like the folded oyster bracelet though. If you really want a modded 1675, I’d honestly spend a couple hundred $ more and get a modder to put one together for you that’s 10x more accurate.
With Silix one you must add the folded bracelet.
The "budget" one at TSW comes with the folded bracelet at $348 https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=18728
Paying + $110 for an aged dial that will still have to be modded is not worthy IMHO.
What would be great is to find somebody good enough at laser welding to add some "flesh" on the crownguards.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Youngmula808

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
Guys, i want to go the mod/ building route. You know someone in the EU to build me one?my budget is 1k

Fastman119

10/1/19
I'd add an extra $700 and just go the full Vietnam route. The extra cost will be well worth it when all is said and done :) (speaking from experience...)

Youngmula808

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
Okay,should i get the parts myself or does the modde do it?and who is the best for this in EU?

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I'd add an extra $700 and just go the full Vietnam route. The extra cost will be well worth it when all is said and done :) (speaking from experience...)

I agree 100%. With the 1675, the crown guard shape is so unique and so distinctive that you can absolutely spot a rep from a mile away. Anyone who knows anything about the 1675 can instantly see a rep from across the room just by looking at the crown guards. It's that obvious. With this watch alone, it is either go gen, go Vietnam case, or don't even do it at all. There are no in betweens. The only other option, and you must go this route if you do not go with a Vietnam case or gen, is the pointed crown guard build. Even those look bad if they are not done properly. It pains me to see a painstakingly accurate build, where you can just tell that the person devoted countless hours to sourcing parts and hand crafting their masterpiece, but then you see crappy stubby crown guards and it blows the whole thing right out of the water. At that point, they should have just built a 5513 or 5512 instead...:confused: Just my humble opinion, and I love GMTs.

Fastman119

10/1/19
Okay,should i get the parts myself or does the modde do it?and who is the best for this in EU?

I just finished having one commissioned from the grand master TripDog himself. Although I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, I can already tell it'll be leagues better than the Cartel mods that I currently have in my watchbox.

He operates out of the EU and makes finished products that are like works of art, couldn't recommend him more :)

Reactions: Mendota

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
I just finished having one commissioned from the grand master TripDog himself. Although I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, I can already tell it'll be leagues better than the Cartel mods that I currently have in my watchbox.

He operates out of the EU and makes finished products that are like works of art, couldn't recommend him more :)

Great choice! It will be amazing! :)

Reactions: Fastman119

Youngmula808

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/16
Hey, little Update for you guys. payment went through on 01.april 2019 - its two weeks now. i asked for the qc pics and they Said there is a "delay". They arent answering my Emails anymore.. well, we will see. weird.

I dont care much about the Watch anymore since i got a Full Vietnam gmt 1675 from Yodog on its way. i just need the bracelet. Hope i get the watch- if not, ouch.
guess thats what u get for doing business with sites that arent Td's

Reactions: Mendota