• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on purchasing Tudor Snowflake Sub

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hi guys,

Still very new to here.
Looking to buy / make a tudor Snowflake sub just like in the picture.
https://bit.ly/2TRDPAZ

Any idea on where can i get them?
or if making one is the best idea. where is the best place to get the parts.

Thanks

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
I would wait for something to come up MTM or build your own. OTTB cartel watches are cool at first however, once you see custom work suddenly they are not great lol.

I built this, it was a PIA but fun at the same time. First steps seems to be weeks of reading to get the parts right and where to buy them followed by the assembly which is another punch in the throat lol

4cvQy.jpg

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
I would wait for something to come up MTM or build your own. OTTB cartel watches are cool at first however, once you see custom work suddenly they are not great lol.

I built this, it was a PIA but fun at the same time. First steps seems to be weeks of reading to get the parts right and where to buy them followed by the assembly which is another punch in the throat lol

Lol good advice here. If you're interested enough in the reference to want a rep then the research and quest to get the quality parts is actually fairly fun and addictive, and you will be so much more satisfied with the end result. And nice snowflake!

Reactions: gunsmoke16610

p.schwabe.2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/16
Hi guys,

Still very new to here.
Looking to buy / make a tudor Snowflake sub just like in the picture.
https://bit.ly/2TRDPAZ

Any idea on where can i get them?
or if making one is the best idea. where is the best place to get the parts.

Thanks

How much is your Budget??
Dials can you buy at raffles time (for small budget) and good ones can you buy on yukis site or on ebay!
Hands can you buy raffles,Yuki,WSO,riyi,HR etc.!

The best cases can you buy at phong,yuki, mq. helenarou or cartel case (or watch) is for smaller budget (problem you must reshape the hole case).....

Braclete can you buy on yukis site (raffles or riyi for small budget) or on ebay wso for fat spring bars and change the clasp,the other must drilled for gen spring bars.

Movement can you buy on ebay (asia eta or swiss eta what you want!

Crown and tube: buy gen one from ebay or other confact or the best vintage rep crown from adian 700 or 702 from athaya

Springbars: gen or WSO,yuki

Insert: slay (rwg),phong,yuki or the bad ones from wso ,other on ebay

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Guys! Thank you very much for the advice!
Much appreciated.

Another noob question here.
I have bought a few stuffs from Raffles and Helenarou a couple of times, but Where can i find 'Phong' and 'Cartel' products?
I tried to search their website a few times , but to no avail.

My budget is probably around 500$-800$.

and by the way, really nice snowflake you have there!

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Cartel is the JFK watch you can find on many TDs. Note that the case back on these is wrong and cannot be fixed by a moder (it's missing a ridge)

mcorleto1967

Patron
28/1/19
East Coast - U S A
Guys! Thank you very much for the advice!
Much appreciated.

Another noob question here.
I have bought a few stuffs from Raffles and Helenarou a couple of times, but Where can i find 'Phong' and 'Cartel' products?
I tried to search their website a few times , but to no avail.

My budget is probably around 500$-800$.

and by the way, really nice snowflake you have there!

Phongs Site - http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/

Cartel products can be found in the Trusted Dealers section. Cartel basically just means chinese factory made watches which are good for a base to mod on. Good Luck! Post many pictures when you're done!

Auts

Horology Curious
25/4/19
I’ve been looking into this build for awhile and been looking at lots from yuki. Have just been to phongs site and it appears he offers a complete build.

Can anyone confirm, or have more info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI