Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

show your best vintage watch 1680

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show your best vintage watch 1680

This is my

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Here’s mine

MBW 1680
    gen Rolex dial
    slay kissing 4 fat insert
    gen 91350 with 580 end links
    gen crown and tube
    eta 2824. [edit sorry it’s an ETA 2846]

Last edited by Dizzy; 02-04-19, 05:34.

Comment

Here's mine.

It's a Puretime red 1680. Not sure which factory made these, as only Angus could source them back then and I don't think these are produced anymore. I got it from Angus in 2011. It came with a gen Swiss 2846 lowbeat movement and a nice 93150 with 2 clasps all for under $200 shipped.

I swapped in a gen vintage 703 crown. The 93150 bracelet is pretty decent so I haven't done anything to it. I'm using gen-spec 2mm springbars and WSO stamped 580 endlinks. The leather strap is from Martu Leather. The datewheel is a nice silver with flat 3 and open 6 and 9. The case engravings are all correct and read 1680.

The dial is meters first with great text and font. It has shiny lume markers, however, so that needs some aging.

The bezel insert has a nice vintage pearl and has the thin, service replacement numbers. I'm considering getting a Slay fat numbered insert, aging it lightly and installing my pearl.

The bezel assembly sucks. It spins freely and falls off sometimes. It doesn't have a tension washer and I'm not sure how to remedy that.

Part of me wonders if it's worth continuing to upgrade this or if I should take the best parts and movement and transplant these into a Vietnam case with a better dial and get a much nicer red 1680 out of that. Maybe I could turn this case into a 5512...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Gen Submariner 1680 from way back when I could afford such things. Long gone now...

[ Insert witty remark here ]

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vintage, baby!

Comment

Good week end friends

Comment

Comment

Loving my RolexAddict modded Tiffany Red Sub, catch myself staring at it all too often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 1680 red , i love it .

Comment

Gen: Rolex 6694 (1978)**Rolex 6494 (1958)**Tag Carrera CV2010**Breitling Top Time (Late 60's)**Heuer 7725S
                      Reps:ROLLIES: TC LV SUB**14060 ND SUB**BP Sea-Dweller**Milgauss Non GV**Cartel 5513**WGUSA 1680**Franken Linen Dial DJ**
                      OTHERS: Breitling Navitimer**IWC 3714**Panerai 338**Tudor BB Red**Tudor Sub 7928**

Comment

Comment

I think it's my favorite piece:

Comment

Working...
                          X