• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We see your vintage 1675, unleash hell

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
a5c5c5a6380df78c7143ef679f10f0b2.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMT_1675

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/16
USA
you right and I paid the price in fact.....;)

Yeah, that is on par with a gen service insert but when you consider a gen faded fuchsia insert it’s a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
I found out that I really love this thing.. So much so that I'm seriously considering forking over more dough to upgrade to a VN build

This modified cartel 1675 originally arrived to me with a number of things I wasn't too happy with. There was a bit of glue on the rehaut, presumably left from installing the dial to the movement (this is an ingod44 dial and I believe the feet needed to be clipped to be fixed to the stated gen ETA 2836). No biggie I thought, I'll just bring it to my watchmaker to have it cleaned off. The watchmaker then found that the movement was rusted over and in need of a cleaning.. so the movement received a complete overhaul and service. The watch runs beautifully now at about +1s/day!

Next, there was a small gap between the WSO bezel assembly and the case. It was a relatively simple job, but I took it upon myself to get my hands dirty and sand the bottom perimeter of the plexi so that the retaining ring could be properly seated on the case. Luckily I didn't F it up and was able to get the proper domed crystal appearance. The next things in order are replacing the mismatched endlinks that came on it with 580 endlinks and 2mm fat springbars.

Specifications: reworked cartel case, stated gen ETA 2836, gen faded black insert, ingod44 dial, raffles caseback, raffles hands + all red GMT hand, genuine crown and bulang & sons strap

NbRaX.jpg

Last edited: