• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex - 6536

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
Hi all,

TS Station, non-TD, have a new vintage watch in stock. This being the Rolex 6536, while they nailed the the dial a couple of years ago, it seemed like the watch hands went amiss and were too large.

This iteration, in my opinion, looks a lot better though the seconds hand is still a tad too large.

+ Topical dial looks great and aging looks well done
+ Dimensions look spot on
+ A great entry into a submariner series, not too flashy, wears well with smaller wrists, no date!

- Lugs are far too large, these would need to be shaved
- Bezel will need to be aged seperately
- Pricey at $458 WITHOUT a rivet bracelet
- Lume is overdone and not necessary, really detracts from the aging in my honest opinion.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have this on order and can share the QCs?

VKcm9I.png

VKc3tr.png

VKcA6o.png

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Interesting!

Why do you think they overdid the lume?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
That one https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25467

$358 WITH rivet bracelet and not overaged
Age and lume the dial, properly drill and shave the lugs and enjoy

EDITED 19/03/15
My bad ... sometimes I'd better shut my mouth and cut my hands off do I can't type ????

Last edited:

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
Interesting!

Why do you think they overdid the lume?

The assumed shelf life of tritium will not have lasted this long. This watch is supposedly 50+ years old so the lume should have faded to a faint if at all.

Such a pronounced lume just feels out of place here!

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
The assumed shelf life of tritium will not have lasted this long. This watch is supposedly 50+ years old so the lume should have faded to a faint if at all.

Such a pronounced lume just feels out of place here!

Ah ok you do not talk about the lumed indices (I assumed so) but about the real lume in the dark. Thanks.

Reactions: XLR8R

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
How does the dial compared to the genuine or vietnam ones? Did they used gilt dial can't tell it from the pictures sadly because of my eyes. It needs slight modification on bezel and lugs but i still do not understand why they claim it is "Super Clone" atleast it looks more than decent compared to other things that they offer anyways it is i think 6 or 7/10

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
Here is the direct link to some larger pictures.

Maybe this is a step up from the silix watches but not by much. Hands aren't terrible but aren't great either, dial isn't gilt, lume actually looks ok to me, bezel insert is totally wrong, crown is wrong, no chamfers. There aren't any detailed case pics but it's probably not that good.

IMO A Vietnam build at twice the price or a little more is far more than twice the watch this is, and that's the route I would go.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Here is the direct link to some larger pictures.

Maybe this is a step up from the silix watches but not by much. Hands aren't terrible but aren't great either, dial isn't gilt, lume actually looks ok to me, bezel insert is totally wrong, crown is wrong, no chamfers. There aren't any detailed case pics but it's probably not that good.

IMO A Vietnam build at twice the price or a little more is far more than twice the watch this is, and that's the route I would go.
Who produces a 6536 crown+tube? Haven't seen any options other than gen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Who produces a 6536 crown+tube? Haven't seen any options other than gen.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I don't remember if Athaya has a 6mm Brevet that he sells or not. He has the 8mm Brevet and a couple of vintage 7mm options.

jimcon11

Known Member
25/6/17
The 6536 should take the old "+" 6mm crown , but IMO crowns are a service replacable part so it wouldn't look out of place to use a standard "-" 6mm twinlock, of which the genuine parts are plentiful.

check out this post

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
i actually read through that post a while back but didnt recall seeing anything about the "-" logo crown on a sub so thats good to hear. prices on those are much more reasonable; thanks for the heads up.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Go over to either Homage Forum or RWG and look in Athaya's vendor sales section. He produces the best aftermarket vintage crowns, by far, and he might have the 6mm. That's where everyone gets their 702s and 8mm from. You'll need a stem adapter for ETA, because they are all gen spec, but he sells those too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: GMT1675