• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chinese 6542 photos & videos

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
Wassup repfam,

Just came across the Chinese made low cost 6542 everyone has been talking about on forum.
And I might have some pics and video of the actual watch rather than the promo shots on Ts station.

One of my friends (also a member here) sent them through a while ago mentioning it is the new ABC (ABsolute Chinese) made 6542 by a group of people in China.
They are considerably much cheaper than the high end parts from Vietnam.

Some people were talking about it in China, but not sure how ACCURATE the information are.
The main points they were talking about were"

- Fake gilt (no doubt given the price)
- The Bakelite insert is a bit thick and could not fit perfectly with the bezel.
- Lume is way too strong need to relume to weaken them down a bit
- Cycolp has good shape but not so good magnification.
- Caseset is bit out of shape being to straight&thick in the mid part, and the the lugs being too long
- Crown is not so good.
- Interchangable with Vietnam Gen spec dial?? Some people said yes, some people said the fits a fraction bigger when installing Vietnam dials

To be honest I can not confirm whether they are the same watch comparing the pics here and the one Ts station carries.
And not sure the accuracny of the above comments.

Maybe some experts can chime in. The best way is probably to wait any member here to have the actual watch arrive and compare on hand.
Again, these pics &video & comments is for inforamtion sharing only, can guanrantee the accurancy.

Also, FelixDPeng is the friend of mine who sent through the video. He might chime in to confirm more.

Happy collecting and happy building.

Video here:

Pics here:
qDbiI.jpg

qDpVr.jpg

qD1Io.jpg

qDJOL.jpg

qDUxK.jpg

qDnZe.jpg

qDMiT.jpg

qDsIA.jpg

qD2XQ.jpg

ADINVA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/18
Very informative. Looking forward to learning from the experts here.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I’m really hoping for a gen spec dial fit:praying:, nice to see the engravings between the lugs, lug holes look to be correct size too!

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
If I ever would think of getting myself an 6542 build done again, I would buy this, but only for getting some parts from it.
The dw I think looks great on picture and it's an roulette one that is not easy to come by a good one for the 2836 movement, and might use the hands and the movement from it also, the rest I think is to much work involved with getting even close (if possible) to an vietnam part build, but that is my opinion only.
But then again, vietnam parts is in another league regarding getting a build together, you have to add around $600-700 for the case set and another $200-350 for the gilt dial and on top of that the modders build cost if you not doing it yourself.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Overall for the price I think its a good buy and a good jumping off point...especially considering the "out of the box" option that was offered a number of years back.

Related image

That wooooonky rehault!! haha

yes the lugs do look exceptionally long , especially in the vid with no bracelet attached.

The gmt hand is correct
roulette dw look good and good position
bezel looks good with a little bit of shaping and aging

I wonder how well the dial would turn out with a bit of aging to it. I think it could be passable ...but I wish they just went with a standard dial and not a double stamp. I've yet to see a pic of a gen SYL dial and now we will see a bunch of them lol

If I was to do it again I would definitely pick one of these up and swap a dial or even use that existing plate and do a gold leaf decal dial like what I have on mine.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Holy gap in the serial number engraving, Batman.

328 252

:eek:

Reactions: Dan71