• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first Build: 5513 Submariner with Vietnam case

Stez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/16
Chicago
Beautiful watch!

did you assemble it yourself?
if so, did you run into any problems (for example, dial height/diameter, stem alignment, pinion/hands position, etc)?

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Beautiful watch!

did you assemble it yourself?
if so, did you run into any problems (for example, dial height/diameter, stem alignment, pinion/hands position, etc)?

That’s a gen spec case for that dial so the only things he would have needed to do was cut the dial feet and he said he used dial dots to attach the dial. Aside from that, everything else should be kosher.

5513 dials are also 26mm in diameter so these would fit a cartel case without shaving the dial. The hardest parts about this build was prob the lume and attaching the dial correctly.

Great build. I’ve been thinking of switching my 1680 build to one of these and save my Vietnam 1680 dial for a 16800 build so I won’t have to shave the dial or cut the dial feet. Lol. The only thing that sucks is... it’s a red sub dial. May see if I can trade with someone for a white sub dial. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Countess Koscowicz