• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TS Watch Vinatge Rolex ref.6542 - Watch Review

Fastman119

10/1/19
Been collecting replica watches for years now but only just discovered this forum.

Just the other day I, despite seeing that they had been removed from the TD list, pulled the trigger on the TS Watch Hand Made Ref. 6542.

I've been madly in love with 1675's for years (even frankenstined my own together using a replacement dial and the factory case/bracelet), so the thought of owning its predecessor made me decide to take my (pretty expensive) chances and give the watch a go.

I had a chat with Mark before making the order and he showed me the watch real time, which made me feel more confident about the buy.

I wanted to document the process here, as I'm sure some of you would be interested in how it turns out.

I'll post updates and photos as the process progresses, let me know if there is anything specific you guys would like to see!

Last edited:

Bmwdpe19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/15
I’m looking forward to this. Always wanted a vintage Rolex but never quite found ready to buy on one of the TD

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Got any pictures or videos of what you bought? I'm curious about this as I haven't read much about these builds.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I think many will be a interested in this review, please don't forget to take close pictures of crown, lugs profile, bezel and crystal profile so we can get an idea of case shape qualities. Amd of course dial, did you opt for the "factory made" or for the "hand made" version?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I think many will be a interested in this review, please don't forget to take close pictures of crown, lugs profile, bezel and crystal profile so we can get an idea of case shape qualities. Amd of course dial, did you opt for the "factory made" or for the "hand made" version?

I’m very interested to see some detail of this watch and I would love to see the other bracelet on the “hand made” aged version. Hopefully we can get one of the bigger TRusted Dealers to source them. I don’t feel comfortable ordering from TS after what happened before. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Dizzy Hello there i was browsing vietnam parts for vintage 6542 project and came across with this website http://rubyswatch.com and parts look identical to the vintage rolex gmts from TSWatch.I think they use them as suplier and when they claim its "handmade" what they are doing is modifying dial feet for the eta calibre movements and aging hands and dial.

Fastman119

10/1/19
Rx4Time this is the listing I ended up pulling the trigger on - https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25466

It’s their “Hand Made” listing, which by the looks of it seems as though they finish the dial by hand, instead of the machine printing technique I would guess they use for their less expensive 6542 listings. That link includes a video demo of the watch in their description below.

Dizzy I share your sentiment (which is why I'm documenting the buying process) - hopefully, this can give them a shot at earning back some of the trust of the users on this forum.

If the watch arrives (knock on wood), I'll be sure to post pictures of all of its dimensions using my caliper tool. I'm admittedly not an expert on 6542's (more focused on 1675's), so I'd love to hear people's feedback on what aspects of the watch are up to spec/out of alignment with the genuine model.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Rx4Time this is the listing I ended up pulling the trigger on - https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25466

That link includes a video demo of the watch in their description below.

Oooh, thanks, I hadn't spotted the video until now. Decent tune playing in the background too, win-win!

FYI there are other threads about this in case you're interested:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-by-ts-station

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rolex-gmt-6542

Reactions: Fastman119

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I am following this with interest. I am heavily considering this as my next build template. Thanks OP.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Dizzy Hello there i was browsing vietnam parts for vintage 6542 project and came across with this website http://rubyswatch.com and parts look identical to the vintage rolex gmts from TSWatch.I think they use them as suplier and when they claim its "handmade" what they are doing is modifying dial feet for the eta calibre movements and aging hands and dial.

Lol they are nothing alike

Fastman119

10/1/19
QC photos approved! Fingers crossed it gets out before Chinese New Year...

ORR4I.md.jpg

Reactions: SuperLory

ADINVA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/18
Looks fantastic! I like it. For this price point and getting a bakelite insert, absolutely irresistible.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Hoping they got this in the mail quick. The video is really detailed and it looks good so I think you're going to like it. Hopefully this is a start to other great 6542 offerings!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
OH MY GOD! A package had been delivered today and the only thing I have on order is this. So hopefully, I'll have hands on in a few hours! I could be wrong though because although I approved QC a week or more ago, I've not yet been told it's shipped and I thought I missed the CNY deadline. But if it's arrived I'll take (shitty indoor pics) later.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
OH MY GOD! A package had been delivered today and the only thing I have on order is this. So hopefully, I'll have hands on in a few hours! I could be wrong though because although I approved QC a week or more ago, I've not yet been told it's shipped and I thought I missed the CNY deadline. But if it's arrived I'll take (shitty indoor pics) later.

Very good

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa

Call out sick lets see this

Reactions: SuperLory