• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TS Watch Vinatge Rolex ref.6542 - Watch Review

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
I'm glad you guys have pointed out these glaring inaccuracies compared to a Gen watch that you'll never see in real life ever.

Personally I'm swayed by your arguments and will never wear this monstrosity again. I would offer to give it away to someone for free, but I'd hate to subject another person to this abomination. I shall just throw it in the bin forthwith. Cocks.

Amazing post. Beautiful watch man regardless of microscope issues for the price vs a gen. You did good. Real good.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
I'm glad you guys have pointed out these glaring inaccuracies compared to a Gen watch that you'll never see in real life ever.

Personally I'm swayed by your arguments and will never wear this monstrosity again. I would offer to give it away to someone for free, but I'd hate to subject another person to this abomination. I shall just throw it in the bin forthwith. Cocks.

Totally agree with your mindset. It's a great watch you have there.

Many people here love to point out the flaws, crap on sales thread, and are the same who nitpick, expect the impossible from illegal goods Chinese sellers, and then PP charge back when they missed a marker misaligned by 3° at QC. Exhausting.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Amazing post. Beautiful watch man regardless of microscope issues for the price vs a gen. You did good. Real good.

:rofl:

I shouldn't have called the nitpickers cocks. My bad. Sorry nitpickers.

But seriously, how much are the Gens in real life? I have no idea. I think the normal 6542s can be £50k plus, going on for almost double that if they're in excellent condition with a full set. These Serpico dials presumably raise the price a lot more. So we're taking about a very, very expensive and very, very rare watch. This version gets us say 90-95% of the way there for £300. Bargain imo! Just love it for what it is nitpickers. If you want to spend $1500 for Tripdog's work of art that will get you 98% of the way there, go for it! If you need a 1:1, then go Gen for £100k.

These are just cheap toys guys, let's not forget that.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

But seriously, how much are the Gens in real life? I have no idea. I think the normal 6542s can be £50k plus, going on for almost double that if they're in excellent condition with a full set. These Serpico dials presumably raise the price a lot more. So we're taking about a very, very expensive and very, very rare watch. This version gets us say 90-95% of the way there for £300. Bargain imo! Just love it for what it is nitpickers. If you want to spend $1500 for Tripdog's work of art that will get you 98% of the way there, go for it! If you need a 1:1, then go Gen for £100k.

$93,750 to be precise: https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/rolex-a-very-rare-and-highly-attractive-6085994-details.aspx

You can send that piece of crap to me and I will dispose of it. I won't charge you, of course, as I'm not a cock.

Reactions: mclarendude

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I can see the guy behind the bar at the local Wetherspoons:

"Nice Pussy Galore GMT you have there mate. Shame the crown shape is totally wrong, the OYSTER PERPETUAL lettering is too low respect to the ROLEX one and the bezel number font is too thin. Did you even pay for that? Ha! What a bellend! "

And all the rest of the regulars nodding and humming" totally wrong crown shape mate, absolutely disappointing", "gosh, that lettering, certainly too low", "absolutely low, totes low"

Shame on you GingerBubba. Shame on you.

​​​

ziggycharly

17/6/17

"Nice Pussy Galore GMT you have there mate. Shame the crown shape is totally wrong, the OYSTER PERPETUAL lettering is too low respect to the ROLEX one and the bezel number font is too thin. Did you even pay for that? Ha! What a bellend! "

And all the rest of the regulars nodding and humming" totally wrong crown shape mate, absolutely disappointing", "gosh, that lettering, certainly too low", "absolutely low, totes low"

​​​

As useful as I've found these forums, this is the best thing I've read so far

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ

​​​
Totes low. That killed me. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

Albertonanana

9/1/17

​​​

I was just pointing out the differences with GEN, no one said it isn’t a shitty rep or something like this, just saying the differences...

Sent from the RWI App

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa

Heh maybe cucks? But yes exactly at the end of the day 300-500-1000 dollars to get 95% there and 99.9% couldnt tell otherwise. It's all what you can live with and be happy looking at on your wrist. I would rather have a handful of fun reps to swap around and not worry about them when I'm traveling for work. Than be scared to wear out a 30-40k+ watch. I daily wore my Gen Daytona for 3 months. And am honestly just as happy wearing my Noob v2. Brings me the same joy looking at and playing with it.

would we all love a true 1:1 rep for 300 bucks? Sure.
. But then isnt that what makes the gen special in the first place. They are unobtainable or way beyond unpractical for most hard working folks with families to raise.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
I was just pointing out the differences with GEN, no one said it isn’t a shitty rep or something like this, just saying the differences...

Sent from the RWI App

And actually there is value to me in pointing out the differences. It makes it easier to track progress of V1.5 or. 2,3... and so on. Or if the rep is so good it gets the illusive NWBG status.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
And actually there is value to me in pointing out the differences. It makes it easier to track progress of V1.5 or. 2,3... and so on. Or if the rep is so good it gets the illusive NWBG status.
Agreed. Anyone who's spent more than 2 days on this forum knows that people pick apart every single watch ever posted, for educational purposes. It's what people do on RWI. Period. No offense is ever intended. It's simply a way to track progress and inform potential buyers about what they're buying.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Agreed. Anyone who's spent more than 2 days on this forum knows that people pick apart every single watch ever posted, for educational purposes. It's what people do on RWI. Period. No offense is ever intended. It's simply a way to track progress and inform potential buyers about what they're buying.

I think that's mostly the case. I have also seen a fair amount of elitism with certain reps. It's not the overwhelming majority. But a good amount. I'm here cuz it's fun and feeds my degenerate watch addiction.

Reactions: Soxxgo2

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
Nice watch for sure will be my next purchase ..

If you want go deep about the insert detail there is a recent comment on IG from the strange fellow O..
Is not possible copy the link so I attach the pics below.

3e869a13b2cfd3028d027287c85b7658.jpg

312dd9297af0db20df996a64af0f40fe.jpg
b61208c05c7f8adef234215dd413906a.jpg
29b39347e154f0ee8a4d4be4c7852755.jpg
104cacb6489728aa604baeacd1c46387.jpg
2c53207cd48722ee87e7d2597156bc5e.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
You gotta love Orchi palar and perezcope. They know everything about vintage...