• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
All I can say - but Hor-Fan did sate that already - is that the stock tube accepts « gen » crown (and it sits very well inside, even better than the stock - shitty - crown, even though the out part of tube is a tiny bit too long).
If you take a step back to pages 30ish I think, someone did measure precisely the tube in and out diameters, and also the case hole thread diameter (it might be Hor-Fan)

Thanks, I went back and read through- I remember talk about the tube, and it's confirmed thru Hor-Fan's work. So I think I'm back on track.(AFAIK, the tap size for the case would be M3 x .35 pitch) I can confirm that once i find my tap.

On my watch, the original tube was installed with green loctite, which in my experience is near super glue, especially on brass parts (the tube appears to be thinly plated brass)

it put up a big fight to remove it, and there isn't much left of it.

I have a replacement tube on the way, but now begins the search for a gen crown. Where were you sourcing yours from?

Last edited:

DrHuHill

27/11/18
the deep blue sea
LMFAO....Thats his QC picture!!!!!! Better try again

5302231afe46def2ab906b37d4e21fcc.png
5d1e5054b9486a6e4fe608311115acbb.png

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
What adhesive are you folks using to hold the insert into the bezel? I'm glad I checked, it appears mine was not glued in at all

I was thinking shoe repair glue.. shoe goo or aquaseal --something real tacky, just on the periphery of the insert to avoid any glue reacting with the paint on the bezel.

​​

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
What adhesive are you folks using to hold the insert into the bezel? I'm glad I checked, it appears mine was not glued in at all

I was thinking shoe repair glue.. shoe goo or aquaseal --something real tacky, just on the periphery of the insert to avoid any glue reacting with the paint on the bezel.

​​

I’d say Hypo Cement is an appropriate choice

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy

​​

Use silicone otherwise the normal glue peel off the color when removed .
The silicone is more gentle ..

Last edited:

simonzz01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/19
EU

​​

i used two pieces of double sided tape it is very stuck it doesn't take much to stop it.

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
More on crowns-

So as previously mentioned, I have discovered (and something I probably should have already known) that for 6mm crowns , there are two different styles. The revised crown came about around the time of the switch to sapphire crystals. This new crown use the same tube as the 5.3mm crowns. (The small end which threads into the case is 2.5mm x.35) as I posted before this case has a larger threaded hole (which is 3.5mmx.35) so this is the old style crown, which is same as gen of course.

There are two different styles of the old 3.5mm tube. One with "splines" in the small dia section, this is the original style. And a revised version with bigger "splines" or teeth &c in the larger side of the tube. This is for screwing the tube into the case with the install tool.

I think that I prefer the original style because the smaller inside diameter on the tube supports the crown "sleeve" much better and it doesn't feel so wobbly while winding/setting time etc.

Here is a pic of the difference-

IMG-20200522-124354-3.jpg

IMG-20200522-125021-2.jpg

Last edited:

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
New offering?

0498eb581bf093060277ad36dd8bbb93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like they took the stock dial and did a horrible lume job on it lol. I had this watch and recently sold it. It's not terribly accurate but looks very nice in the metal.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Plexi upgrade

had good results with the Clark Plexi. Cyclope was aligned well for me. And not a lot of distortion either and good clarity. Much better than stock, and about 1mm taller. I polished the rehaut, and it makes it really pop.

Here is a pic, sorry about the glare- I was trying to get a straight on pic without any shadowing on the DW to show alignment.