• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Did some retouching and one more coat of paint
What do you all think?

85cd1744439201255357024ea1812482.jpg

b219230efc776e7fb407bc701835039f.jpg

f9e32a99614ed0d497303d2d02d030ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can sell it to me thanks

Reactions: Vitor747

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
Just received a vintage style rolled-link jubilee bracelet set off eBay , $50. It’s pretty decent, the edges are a little rough but nothing a little wet sanding and oiling won’t fix.

Hor-Fan, just ordered the same bracelet you mentioned (thanks for the ref) ; did it come with end-links (a bit confused from the pictures displayed) ?

Reactions: Bubbe Back1

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Hor-Fan, just ordered the same bracelet you mentioned (thanks for the ref) ; did it come with end-links (a bit confused from the pictures displayed) ?

No, you need to get the end links and clasp. WSO and Riyi have the 555 for 2mm spring bars, Riyi has the clasps as well. I just used the clasp off a cartel oyster bracelet.

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Wow !

Are folks really getting this watch on this link ? That is a lot of watch for that price.... If it is indeed what you get !

I dont know if this is the same watch but Sead at Supermirrors got it to me for less than $300.

0501_188cd27bb94fa74d0.jpg

djulink

4/9/14
No, you need to get the end links and clasp. WSO and Riyi have the 555 for 2mm spring bars, Riyi has the clasps as well. I just used the clasp off a cartel oyster bracelet.

Ok, I've already did business with Riyi and try to contact him. Thanks again.
By the way, I'm still using TS clasp as it is one of the less bad I've seen but if anyone has other refs for better ones, I'll be thankful again.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I dont know if this is the same watch but Sead at Supermirrors got it to me for less than $300.

0501_188cd27bb94fa74d0.jpg
Looking at the DW without serif I would say that it's not the same watch ...

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Ok, I've already did business with Riyi and try to contact him. Thanks again.
By the way, I'm still using TS clasp as it is one of the less bad I've seen but if anyone has other refs for better ones, I'll be thankful again.

Ruby has a nice big crown clasp, but it’s $$$

Reactions: Thrasher

djulink

4/9/14
Hi Folks,

Just received and installed the "gen" crown I ordered, feels much better :

Definitely slimmer, but I'm wondering if it's really genuine: just have a look at the two extreme tips of the crown?

PS : need a new tube as well, anyone would have a good source ?

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Hi Folks,

Just received and installed the "gen" crown I ordered, feels much better :

Definitely slimmer, but I'm wondering if it's really genuine: just have a look at the two extreme tips of the crown?

PS : need a new tube as well, anyone would have a good source ?

I can't speak in authenticity of it, as I don't have a gen at the moment, I have a raffles/riyi Brevet crown on the way, and it comes with a tube and seals. When it arrives I will let you know what I think, but it will surely be better than the one it came with. You may be able to ask Ken if he can source only the tube.

djulink

4/9/14
I can't speak in authenticity of it, as I don't have a gen at the moment, I have a raffles/riyi Brevet crown on the way, and it comes with a tube and seals. When it arrives I will let you know what I think, but it will surely be better than the one it came with. You may be able to ask Ken if he can source only the tube.
Oki Doki, thanks

djulink

4/9/14
fortunately, my seller did send another one (as the first one had been very slow to get here), and it is better. I manage to take more pics before I put It on (the new one is better looking):

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
fortunately, my seller did send another one (as the first one had been very slow to get here), and it is better. I manage to take more pics before I put It on (the new one is better looking):

Both look gen from the back.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Gentlemen, I need a bit of help.

The riyi/raffles 6mm crown and tube arrived.

I removed the old tube and found that the diameter of the threaded hole in the case was too big for that tube.

Is there another style of 6mm tube with a larger "small end"

I have a tube in my stash that could thread into the case, but I don't think it's for a 6mm crown, and the I.D. is too small.

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Ok, the plot thickens. It seems the riyi / raffles crown has a smaller inside diameter. I'm thinking, this crown doesn't use a standard 6mm crown tube, but a smaller one. The tube that was in the case is probably a standard 6mm tube size, alsotalso, why the tube in my stash looks like it's too big. It's probably standard 6mm crown tube if I had to guess.

In short, the raffles/ riyi crown and tube set won't fit this watch.

edit- seems the story is that the crown tubes changed with the intro of the monobloc crown, then the 5.3mm and 6mm used the same tube. This watch uses the pre-monobloc style tube (DJ 1601 style)

IMG-20200515-184654.jpg

Last edited:

djulink

4/9/14
All I can say - but Hor-Fan did sate that already - is that the stock tube accepts « gen » crown (and it sits very well inside, even better than the stock - shitty - crown, even though the out part of tube is a tiny bit too long).
If you take a step back to pages 30ish I think, someone did measure precisely the tube in and out diameters, and also the case hole thread diameter (it might be Hor-Fan)

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN