• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So Put up the correct link.

Easy to find on JTime

http://jtime.cc/us/search/6542

This is the one I bought
IMG_0543de28472f3d66aadb.jpg

Yes, but it’s also not the watch you gave a link to.

Reactions: Thrasher

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
I ask but he said haven’t anymore :-(
I ask riyi002 if have one .im waiting a reply

Other source ?

If it's the same clasp I got from him with his 60$ D-Link 62510H jubilee, it's not the best. The stampings are weak, and look like the stamping dies were full of crud. I don't think polishing will help in that regard. The raffles / riyi much better for half the price. I ordered one about a month ago and it should arrive any day now.

Ruby has a really nice vintage clasp, but Im afraid to ask how much. It would be more period accurate than the above options

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan71

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
[mention]HAMMER DOWN [/mention] i bought a riyi clasp..That have a 70’ style

But I saw that raffle have a buckle with big crown logo 60’ . Not perfect but an alternative .

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
[mention]HAMMER DOWN [/mention] i bought a riyi clasp..That have a 70’ style

But I saw that raffle have a buckle with big crown logo 60’ . Not perfect but an alternative .

I must have missed that, I was looking on raffles dials site. The big crown clasp that comes with the watch I got from Jtime, is actually pretty nice. I don't think it's accurate to gen specs, but it's nice. I removed it from the folded oyster bracelet and used it on jubilee, I found it appropriately sized and interchangeable. The folded oyster is going on my 1680 red with a raffles vintage flip loc clasp :)

Reactions: Dan71

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Really nice work Vitor747

I will probably attempt this at some point as well. What paint type did you use?

I actually don't mind the original color, but the paint seems to be getting scraped off by a part interfering with the back of the bezel if it's rotated,.and it starting to drive me nuts. Maybe it's the retainer spring doing that? I don't know but I may need to put something on the back of the insert so it won't keep happening

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Really nice work Vitor747

I will probably attempt this at some point as well. What paint type did you use?

I actually don't mind the original color, but the paint seems to be getting scraped off by a part interfering with the back of the bezel if it's rotated,.and it starting to drive me nuts. Maybe it's the retainer spring doing that? I don't know but I may need to put something on the back of the insert so it won't keep happening

Used Tamiya Acrylic Clear Blue and Red
I was really messy about it, didnt airbrush just used a very fine brush 2 coats then Sanded it with 6000 grit to even it out
Its really easy way simpler than I imagined
Regarding what its scraping your pain it might be the spring or the retaining ring
Remember this replicas are not perfectly machined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Agreed! Nice work indeed!

The watch in the HQmilton link makes me feel better about the lugs on the TS case!

Reactions: Vitor747