• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Do all Pan Ams from Li have the same pilot number engraving or is it random? It has 002-59 in the pics.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
15565143374068.jpg

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Thanks friends!

What's the bet option to contact Ruby? i don't have the login to access the site. That folded link jube is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

I will probably try to order the 6542 from Li this week. I just am having trouble deciding which one I want more. I love the understated look of the coke bezel black dial as well. I think I'll end up with both.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Thanks friends!

What's the bet option to contact Ruby? i don't have the login to access the site. That folded link jube is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

I will probably try to order the 6542 from Li this week. I just am having trouble deciding which one I want more. I love the understated look of the coke bezel black dial as well. I think I'll end up with both.

The Coke bezel is actually a Pepsi bezel. Its a very dark blue, which is more noticeable on the albino.

For Ruby, just drop them an email asking for a log-in - prices are on request for most things they have.

I'm undecided on the rivet or jubilee bracelet.

I have a dial from Ruby incoming, and also a replacement plexi because I messed mine up.

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Thanks for the info! I heard back from Li, Im gonna pull the trigger on a black dial. The serpico dial is what is now available.

BobAustin100

Looking Around
17/3/20
Just saw this.. not an expert but it looks good for the price

76067e430c5c9e7a2502f6dfcf3d5b34.jpg
86f665a4b76b02a48ede0de47e3a77f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the $300 TS Watch 6542 replica recently. If you simply want a knock-around, fine. And service is quick and courteous (they take credit cars too!). BUT it won't fool anyone, even from three feet away. The case is all wrong: Recessed crown (ugh) and poor finish. Even the back is poorly shaped, and the knurling is TOO LARGE for a standard Rolex wrench. The "bakelite" bezel has a rippled, uneven surface, and the colors are too light. And you cannot remove the bezel without essentially sawing it off the case. The dial isn't bad--but it WON'T fit the vastly better Vietnam case. Even the crown is too bulbous. About all I could salvage was the movement , hands, bracelet (not bad), and spring-loaded collapsible stem for insert into the Vietnam Case, using the crown, crystal, bezel assembly, and spacer ring that came with it for $850--hardly worth three US C-notes. STRONGLY SUGGEST that you contact Tom ([email protected]) and start with his SUPERB case and dial--then have him work with his watchmaker to build you a really good replica. He also sells a very nice rivet band (I put genuine Rolex ends on the TS Watch bracelet that came with their $300 6542 replica).

Reactions: RiffRalf

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Got my QC from Li, the watch looks good overall. It has the S&L dial. The date isn't perfectly aligned in the window, it's a bit biased towards the bottom of the window, but I still accepted it since the lume looked really nicely applied on the dial.

I'm thinking that I can rotate the dial a little to get the date alignment just right.

Really, it's not a big deal, and after wearing it for a while I might just forget about it and leave it as is.

I can't wait to get it!

Reactions: Hor-Fan

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Mine should be on it's way soon. I'm told that customs there is cracking down on medical supplies leaving the country and lots of checks on outgoing packages are being performed so it may take a little longer.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hey guys. Embarrassingly noob question - I’m not ashamed though;

What spring bars do the gen 6542 have? (Girth, not length)

Do people use a different size spring bars for leather straps? Do people use metal tubes inside their leather straps to reinforce the leather?

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
Hi all,

nikoel, I use the same 2mm bars I'm using with the 6538 (Sputim sold them for a time and I'm using the same with my leather strap).

I'm wondering, would anyone have tips about modding the insert (I reallly like how Redheart and Ishmael 's look like) ?

Cheers

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Hi all,

nikoelI'm wondering, would anyone have tips about modding the insert (I reallly like how Redheart and Ishmael 's look like) ?

Cheers

Pop the insert out.

Get some 600-800 grit wet and dry and smooth the edges off.
(find a reference you like on the internet - some are very flat, some are rounded)
Be careful about removing material from the edges - inside and outside or you could be left with a gap.
When you are happy with the shape, then you can give it a polish - I used Turtle Wax and a Dremel felt.

Then you can use the same wet and dry to remove the paint from the reverse.
(obviously use a block to keep it all straight)
Find a red and a blue you are happy with - again - find a reference you like.
I favour using model paint rather than artists acrylic as you can do with 1 coat.

let it dry properly and you're golden.

nikoel I got these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292291863653?var=591191540770

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

RW5513

Known Member
Patron
25/8/15
This Tom email address did not work.

I bought the $300 TS Watch 6542 replica recently. If you simply want a knock-around, fine. And service is quick and courteous (they take credit cars too!). BUT it won't fool anyone, even from three feet away. The case is all wrong: Recessed crown (ugh) and poor finish. Even the back is poorly shaped, and the knurling is TOO LARGE for a standard Rolex wrench. The "bakelite" bezel has a rippled, uneven surface, and the colors are too light. And you cannot remove the bezel without essentially sawing it off the case. The dial isn't bad--but it WON'T fit the vastly better Vietnam case. Even the crown is too bulbous. About all I could salvage was the movement , hands, bracelet (not bad), and spring-loaded collapsible stem for insert into the Vietnam Case, using the crown, crystal, bezel assembly, and spacer ring that came with it for $850--hardly worth three US C-notes. STRONGLY SUGGEST that you contact Tom ([email protected]) and start with his SUPERB case and dial--then have him work with his watchmaker to build you a really good replica. He also sells a very nice rivet band (I put genuine Rolex ends on the TS Watch bracelet that came with their $300 6542 replica).

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Has anyone tried using generic/ GS crystals on ofrei? There are 3 or 4 different options for #116, different heights, dome radius , flat top, chamfered edge, &c. They also have different dimensions for case/ ring fit., I just don't know how much of an interference fit is needed to work for this particular application

Last edited:
Reactions: Quincy59

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Pop the insert out.

Get some 600-800 grit wet and dry and smooth the edges off.
(find a reference you like on the internet - some are very flat, some are rounded)
Be careful about removing material from the edges - inside and outside or you could be left with a gap.
When you are happy with the shape, then you can give it a polish - I used Turtle Wax and a Dremel felt.

Then you can use the same wet and dry to remove the paint from the reverse.
(obviously use a block to keep it all straight)
Find a red and a blue you are happy with - again - find a reference you like.
I favour using model paint rather than artists acrylic as you can do with 1 coat.

let it dry properly and you're golden.

nikoel I got these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292291863653?var=591191540770

Thicc & Phat!

Thank you gents