• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I can tell you from experience that bezel is like a callous remover, you can't touch it without removing a little skin, That said I like mine.

IMG_0553a07b23517c653944.jpg

Haha, I know you could defend yourself in a fight with a bezel slash or pop it off and use it as a shuriken.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
If anyone is looking to sell theirs, hit me up!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In this rep you mean ,but the gen was adjustable ?

GMT hands on the gen GMT Master were slaved to the hour hand on all 4 digit models, and 5 digit models until the release of the GMT Master II model 16760. In the earlier GMT Masters, a second time zone differential was achieved by rotating the bezel. All GMT Master II gens have an independently adjustable hour hand, which lets you set an hour differential between the local time and a second time zone on the GMT hand. So you can actually observe 3 different time zones on the GMT II's by using the bezel.

Rep GMT Masters and Master II's also have varying features which often don't coincide with the features of the corresponding gen. There are rep GMT Masters and Master II's that have DG2813 movements that do not have independent GMT hands, and you must use the bezel to observe a 2nd time zone. And there are both GMT Masters and II's that do have independent GMT hands using more capable movements like DG3804, A2836, A3186.

The 6542 model featured in this thread would have a GMT hand slaved to the hour hand in gen, as you thought in your post. The rep of this model uses an A2836 movement which adds the independent GMT hand feature but makes it inaccurate to the gen.

As a side note, all 4 digit gen GMTs had the GMT hand on the bottom of the stack. 5 and 6 digit gen GMTs have the hour hand on the bottom. You will also see different rep hand stack arrangements depending on movement. Some will be accurate to gen with correct hand stack (CHS), others will have an incorrect hand stack (ICHS). The model in this thread has a correct hand stack.

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
GMT hands on the gen GMT Master were slaved to the hour hand on all 4 digit models, and 5 digit models until the release of the GMT Master II model 16760. In the earlier GMT Masters, a second time zone differential was achieved by rotating the bezel. All GMT Master II gens have an independently adjustable hour hand, which lets you set an hour differential between the local time and a second time zone on the GMT hand. So you can actually observe 3 different time zones on the GMT II's by using the bezel.

Rep GMT Masters and Master II's also have varying features which often don't coincide with the features of the corresponding gen. There are rep GMT Masters and Master II's that have DG2813 movements that do not have independent GMT hands, and you must use the bezel to observe a 2nd time zone. And there are both GMT Masters and II's that do have independent GMT hands using more capable movements like DG3804, A2836, A3186.

The 6542 model featured in this thread would have a GMT hand slaved to the hour hand in gen, as you thought in your post. The rep of this model uses an A2836 movement which adds the independent GMT hand feature but makes it inaccurate to the gen.

As a side note, all 4 digit gen GMTs had the GMT hand on the bottom of the stack. 5 and 6 digit gen GMTs have the hour hand on the bottom. You will also see different rep hand stack arrangements depending on movement. Some will be accurate to gen with correct hand stack (CHS), others will have an incorrect hand stack (ICHS). The model in this thread has a correct hand stack.

Tks a lot for the complete explanation !
So Is how I thought
Do you think that on this rep is possible frozen or remove the gear that permit the gmt hand to move separately?

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Tks a lot for the complete explanation !
So Is how I thought
Do you think that on this rep is possible frozen or remove the gear that permit the gmt hand to move separately?

No, but you can just set GMT to the same time as local (AM/PM accounted for) and you have accurate functionality. With a then "hidden" extra feature! You could replace the gear that controls the independence of the GMT hand with the standard date adjuster gear. It is the same gear modded to dual use with an extra gear on top. But you would have to set the GMT hand to local first and then you would lose the ability to re-sync the hands if needed (and it sometimes is).

Reactions: Dan71

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Hey guys.... I picked up one of these and the bezel seems to pop off quite easily...I tried tweaking the spring and its helped some but can still be popped off with little force. Has anyone resolved this issue? Looking for advice.
thanks!

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Hey guys.... I picked up one of these and the bezel seems to pop off quite easily...I tried tweaking the spring and its helped some but can still be popped off with little force. Has anyone resolved this issue? Looking for advice.
thanks!

Which version did you take friend

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
thanks!

The spring is the only thing holding it on-if you can’t adjust it enough to hold firm, you may need to replace it with a longer one.

Reactions: 369mafia

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thanks!

Try making a new 8 sided wire out of slightly thicker 316L wire. I did this for a Sub where I broke the wire. If you have a digital caliper you can measure the current wire thickness, then look up a conversion chart to wire gauge. I'm guessing your current is ~27 gauge, so you could try 26 gauge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-...hash=item464ab2068b:m:mEGMuIAVfriUp3-JD4FZQYA

bny107

Known Member
8/3/17
I bought this 6542 for only 250 at taobao

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

bny107

Known Member
8/3/17
e644a4040f99112dfea29bff7d53bebd.jpg

Type gmt 6542 in taobao

or type 阿曼1665 you may find beautiful Oman 1665 at 200usd as well
Good luck