• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

DeehNorris

Horology Curious
13/4/18
Yep. At $368 I could forgive the flaws and have fun with this piece, but at $700++ they can f¥ck off, especially with their shitty no customs protection policy.

I totally agree, still a bit salty that I didn't get my hands on one before they went nuts with the pricing.

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
Hi Gents,

if you're still upset with the metal bracelet and the lugs inadequacy, I can only suggest that you get a nice leather strap:

VikxHg.jpg

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hi Gents,

if you're still upset with the metal bracelet and the lugs inadequacy, I can only suggest that you get a nice leather strap:

Oh wow, WOW. I can say this is my favourite watch of the year, hands down. Got the new tube already and will clean up the dial...

​​​​​​... And reset the keyless that I messed up wile trying to install the new tube, lol. Will keep you guys posted. I've got some UV glue to seal the crystal.

DeehNorris

Horology Curious
13/4/18
You can try emailing them, but I don't think they'll be too happy to sell it at old price.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
but i do not understand why the double price , if there is not other work yet

My best guess is simply price gouging. Over the last few months they have seen their normal order volume suddenly double/triple/quadruple because of great reviews here on the boards, and they just said to themselves "F#ck it. Let's double the price and see what happens." Sure enough, people are still paying it. Until people stop buying from them at that stupid price, they will just keep price gouging us. I bet if everyone stopped buying it, eventually they would start dropping the price back down again.

For me, that just seals the deal that the only way to go is a Vietnam case build.

DeehNorris

Horology Curious
13/4/18
My best guess is simply price gouging. Over the last few months they have seen their normal order volume suddenly double/triple/quadruple because of great reviews here on the boards, and they just said to themselves "F#ck it. Let's double the price and see what happens." Sure enough, people are still paying it. Until people stop buying from them at that stupid price, they will just keep price gouging us. I bet if everyone stopped buying it, eventually they would start dropping the price back down again.

For me, that just seals the deal that the only way to go is a Vietnam case build.

Well said mate.

Last edited:

PHILIP74

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
10/12/15
Alternate Universe

i agree i ll write to them

djulink

4/9/14
but i do not understand why the double price , if there is not other work yet

Well, it's actually different from the release many of us got before they made their move on the price:

- dial is "gilt" (not that I like it all because that's a bad decal, font is off and so on) and ours are printed
- bezel is tweaked to look like a vintage watch

So yes, there is more work put into it (again, I like the first version way more) and I also agree with Mendota on this: demand goes up so they try to get more money from us.
Don't forget that the first release was considered a very good 6542 rep for the price.

DeehNorris

Horology Curious
13/4/18
Well, it's actually different from the release many of us got before they made their move on the price:

- dial is "gilt" (not that I like it all because that's a bad decal, font is off and so on) and ours are printed
- bezel is tweaked to look like a vintage watch

So yes, there is more work put into it (again, I like the first version way more) and I also agree with Mendota on this: demand goes up so they try to get more money from us.
Don't forget that the first release was considered a very good 6542 rep for the price.

Yea, they did those modifications to 'justify' the double in price; the dial wasn't gilt before and it isn't now. What lazy cunts...

Reactions: Hor-Fan

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Lazy AND greedy. They call it a copper bezel in the specs, but in the description it’s referred to a copper “coating” ( read: paint). The other offerings on their site are shite, their handmade vintage 1675 is a stock BP with a crap ‘gilt’ dial. The 6200 and the 6538 are the exact same watch with a different crap dial in a cheap cartel 6541 case. Do not buy from these clowns.

djulink

4/9/14
For sure, and don’t get me wrong : all the reps they’re selling now do not worth the price they ask for.

Reactions: DeehNorris

DeehNorris

Horology Curious
13/4/18
damn, i was saving up for one of these after all the great reviews here. anybody else apart from TS?

No, there isn't another place that sells them; that's why they're so willing to scam us with the price.

If another TD could put something on the market, it would destroy their business. They don't understand the only reason people were purchasing from them is because of their handbuilt watches or if they were past customers. Any regular watches we just get from reputable TDs, so they've shot themselves in the foot; it'll show in the long run.

Reactions: Mendota

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I spent yesterday evening fixing up my TS 6542 that was partly DOA - the hands clashed and it seemed like there was also a problem with the crown. I removed the bezel, the bezel mount ring and plexi, and cleaned the dial (it was covered in lume dust!). I adjusted the hands so they all turn freely.

Then I sanded the bezel and did the same to the insert to improve its profile.

The crown just seems a bit stiff, but it works fine so I didn’t explore any more.

Now those details are dealt with, I love the watch!

I don’t love TS’s attitude tho. That stinks.

00b4c7d7ac6cbf447632d60f30122e3c.jpg
3a5b72121d1a8afb519dc28836c8ced0.jpg
2d5442a29cd53a8cbad3b382dfb92f1c.jpg
ec8b6663f1738366a7541b7f19918127.jpg
b18748d8d577bcb76ca9942157612aad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djulink

4/9/14
Hi Gents,

A bummer: after the watch felt from a table at home, the second hand jumped out and was moving freely above the dial... I dismantled the bezel, the mount ring and plexi to put it back in place.
It was all good again until I realized later on that day (Wednesday) that movement had surely been hit because there was a difference of 10 minutes in advance after I set the time precisely 3 ou 4 hours before... I checked and the second hand was gaining +5sec/min... unscrewed the case-back and realized that the balance wheel was damaged: the spring had jumped off the setting racket and the watch stoped a later bit after... Oh, and of course removing - even "delicately" - the stem did jeopardize the keyless...

Now, my question would be: Can I fix this ? Should I be looking for a new balance wheel for this movement and is it worh it ? Should I take the opportunity to be looking for a new movement ? wich one ?

I would very much appreciate any feedback/answers.

Cheers !

Last edited: