• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
What's the vintage bracelet option?

It’s this one: https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25467

I’ve made the order, but so far TSwatch seem pretty disinterested. I got an automated reply email that I’m not supposed to reply to, listing payment methods but with no details of how and a couple of broken links back to their site. I’m going to scan back through this thread to see if anyone else had problems getting TS to take their money!

oldwatchguy

Known Member
17/3/16
I saw one in person and was very impressed. If you like 6542’s you can not beat this price. It really is a lot of watch for the $$!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It’s this one: https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25467

I’ve made the order, but so far TSwatch seem pretty disinterested. I got an automated reply email that I’m not supposed to reply to, listing payment methods but with no details of how and a couple of broken links back to their site. I’m going to scan back through this thread to see if anyone else had problems getting TS to take their money!

They take only Mastercard or Bitcoin. I always get overseas CC payments pre-approved by my bank. They usually go through in about 15 minutes. There are links to click on their site to make a payment type.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Be careful. It ain’t water proof!

Nooo!

The tube is not WR at all and I suspect the crystal isn't either. Mine had a really dry rubber gasket on the back case that I had to replace too. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) WR can be improved with a new crystal and a better tube (I'm yet to find a good tube, the one I ordered from Raffles is too thin and doesn't fit the case). Seems like Hor-Fan managed to get a new crystal (from Clarks, I believe) so maybe he's got comments about the quality of the new crystal.

​​​​​​​Regarding yours specifically, get the crown unscrewed and in the time setting position. Put the watch somewhere where its a bit hot (perhaps under a lamp or in your garden if it's sunny). Leave it there for a couple of hours and hope the steam is gone. Don't panic and good luck!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Omg

Wr rep
Big no no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite. Most Submariner reps I have are WR, as are my Datejust, Nautilus and Royal Oak. But this particular model requiser some work to ensure it can withstand getting close to water, unfortunately.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
They take only Mastercard or Bitcoin. I always get overseas CC payments pre-approved by my bank. They usually go through in about 15 minutes. There are links to click on their site to make a payment type.

I’ve persuaded Eva at TS to take Bank Transfer. If I was better organized I might use the “call first” approach, but knowing how hard it is to speak to anyone when I call my bank I’d rather save myself the time and spend a bit more on the bank charge for doing it direct...

Aaaaand, payment made! I’m really looking forward to getting this...

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

superh3ro

Known Member
26/3/17
Nooo!

The tube is not WR at all and I suspect the crystal isn't either. Mine had a really dry rubber gasket on the back case that I had to replace too. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) WR can be improved with a new crystal and a better tube (I'm yet to find a good tube, the one I ordered from Raffles is too thin and doesn't fit the case). Seems like Hor-Fan managed to get a new crystal (from Clarks, I believe) so maybe he's got comments about the quality of the new crystal.

Regarding yours specifically, get the crown unscrewed and in the time setting position. Put the watch somewhere where its a bit hot (perhaps under a lamp or in your garden if it's sunny). Leave it there for a couple of hours and hope the steam is gone. Don't panic and good luck!

thanks. i ended up taking the watch apart and drying the crystal and movement. looked like most of the condensation was between the face and the crystal - movement was dry as a bone.

also, just a headsup to all you noobies taking out the stem of the movement - very easy to break the keyless, you need to use the perfect sized screwdriver. learned the hard way by ruining a new hamilton khaki.

superh3ro

Known Member
26/3/17
how difficult it it for you guys to set your time? turning the crown with my watch feels a bit tough/hard to do.

Reactions: imajedi

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
how difficult it it for you guys to set your time? turning the crown with my watch feels a bit tough/hard to do.

Not that hard here, it’s much more tricky to set precisely gmt hand and day date. But overall, quite smooth to turn crown and set time

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Finally recieved mine

Nice packaging
Watch looks superb
Vintage bracelet is rattling and feels cheap
Might swap it with a spare oyster I have

4206687b1bcbd3fc4b96446b1b16cb1a.jpg

Reactions: Hor-Fan

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Finally recieved mine

Nice packaging
Watch looks superb
Vintage bracelet is rattling and feels cheap
Might swap it with a spare oyster I have

4206687b1bcbd3fc4b96446b1b16cb1a.jpg

90518be97b5b8cb4e11dd0219799c38a.jpg

Much better with oyster bracelet
Vintage one makes the watch feel cheap and rattly

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Old one I had lying arround from a really old rep of a GMT(bad rep)
Its not even correct because its a sub bracelet with divers extension
But it is more sturdy than rivetted bracelet that came with the watch
Watch doest rattle anymore...

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Might be a really bad bracelet but truth is those old bracelet in the gen felt tinny and rattly too..

Reactions: Vitor747

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Might be a really bad bracelet but truth is those old bracelet in the gen felt tinny and rattly too..

Mine made all kind of noises like metal hitting metal
It felt like it was going to break any second and didnt trust it

I have never seen a gen 6542 but giving its age Iwould imagine the bracelet would be flimsy too

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I approved my QC pics of the 6542 yesterday, it looks great. I then got a confirmation email from Christine at TS saying, "We will ship it out today".

Now today I've had an email from Miffy at TS that says, "Due to there are many another dealers was caught by the police today in the market. So now Under pressure, we need to stop shipment for three days. So far we are safe. We will continue shipment from next Monday. Please trust us."

I have no reason to disbelieve this, and still expect my watch to ship. Obviously I'll update this thread with the news on that one way or another, early next week.

Normally I would treat this sort of communication as private. But given this thread is helping members here decide whether or not to use TS, and with them not being a TD and so posing a potential risk to buyers, I thought I ought to share the information in case anyone's on the verge of sending them money.

EDIT: Two days after posting this, I received email notification that my watch had shipped, from Christine at TS. Miffy emailed me yesterday to say that normal service has been resumed.

Last edited: