• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hey man, sorry for the low light photo, it's a bit early here. I think tube length is the same, yes.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey man, sorry for the low light photo, it's a bit early here. I think tube length is the same, yes.

OK thanks a lot man. So it looks like I got a "bad" one too. I really don't want to take on extra work if I can avoid it. Mine looks even worse, like it's sticking out further. The thing about sanding it down is you have to shorten the stem also. Not terribly difficult, but neither is installing a tube correctly to begin with.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
62091df7a4a6d738328596cb14a4da6f.jpg

Mine looks similar, I had to remove a fair amount off the front of the tube in order to allow the gen crown to sit tight against the case, I didn’t need to trim the stem at all.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
62091df7a4a6d738328596cb14a4da6f.jpg

Mine looks similar, I had to remove a fair amount off the front of the tube in order to allow the gen crown to sit tight against the case, I didn’t need to trim the stem at all.

Alriright, thanks very much. I'll give the GL on it.

Thanks guys!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I got my QC pics. Everything looked OK except the crown looked a little out. So I asked if it was screwed all the way in, and to please send me a pic showing it from the back along the crown side.

So they sent me pics with crown screwed all the way OUT!

15557341596870.jpg

Maybe that was a good thing IDK. It looks to me in this pic like the tube is sticking out too far, like it wasn't installed properly like ARF does on Subs sometimes. Can you guys tell if this looks bad? Does yours look like this with the crown unscrewed?

If yours looks like I think it should (no tube showing) could you please post a pic so I can show them this issue? Thanks!

Hinclimincli
Hor-Fan
Thrasher

I just looked at mine under a 10X loupe and for sure the crown is off the case by a thread or two of the tube, I think tube just needs to be sunk in or shortened, I had also noticed the crown and stem once unscrewed are pretty wobbly in the tube as if they didnt put in any o rings. I see this as the nature of the beast and they be issues to address during modding.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just looked at mine under a 10X loupe and for sure the crown is off the case by a thread or two of the tube, I think tube just needs to be sunk in or shortened, I had also noticed the crown and stem once unscrewed are pretty wobbly in the tube as if they didnt put in any o rings. I see this as the nature of the beast and they be issues to address during modding.

Cool thanks bud. I am definitely going to spend some time tweaking this thing up, already ordered a white dial for it. Just didn't want to start off with a lemon.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

I confirm my crown is wobbly too (no, this isn't any kind of sexual innuendo). When you talk about o rings you mean a rubber ring inside the tube? Like the one in this pic?

Will take a look, this might be the reason why mine didn't pass the water resistance test (although I'm betting on the crystal, though). I guess the solution is a new tube, or can I get a tiny rubber gasket and fit it in there?

I'll probably sand the tube a little bit and that's all, not planning to do a lot of mods there, though.

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I confirm my crown is wobbly too (no, this isn't any kind of sexual innuendo). When you talk about o rings you mean a rubber ring inside the tube? Like the one in this pic?

Will take a look, this might be the reason why mine didn't pass the water resistance test (although I'm betting on the crystal, though). I guess the solution is a new tube, or can I get a tiny rubber gasket and fit it in there?

I'll probably sand the tube a little bit and that's all, not planning to do a lot of mods there, though.

I would really like to have that model/cutaway example People have no idea the complexity in just the simple crown

Reactions: Nivka

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
There's more where this came from! I agree, the technology behind every inch of these watches is amazing, look at this:
(Helium valve, Daytona chrono pusher, dual and triple lock)
Are those yours, and where did you get them?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Been trying the bracelet I had from my Tiger Concept GMT, not that bad! Endlinks are closer to being period correct and it's way more comfortable as the clasp has the correct slimmer shape. Now I'm undecided between keeping it as it is now or sand the Rolex branded one that came with it and try to swap them. Other than that, what kind of decent clasps are out there? I assume both Rafflesdials and Raffles time are quite meh, and Ruby's is decent, right?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That bracelet looks good! Where did you get it? Might be able to swap the clasp and smooth it out enough to be ok.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The story so far:

Crown tube sanded... Completed!
New bracelet with correct endlinks... Completed!
Rolex logo clasp moved onto new bracelet... Completed!
Endlinks slightly bent to add a nice fitting... Completed!

...now I need to find a gasket for the back as the one it had was dry and broken. Now I know why it didn't pass the water resistance test. Anyone know the size or where (da hell) can I find one? I am tempted to pick a crown and tube, to be honest, as the one that came with the watch had scratches and doesn't have any gasket inside.

Some pics of this lovely watch:

V01mKo.jpg

V013PI.jpg

V015YL.jpg

V0IDcK.jpg

V0IZae.jpg

Reactions: Nivka and Hor-Fan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The story so far:

Crown tube sanded... Completed!
New bracelet with correct endlinks... Completed!
Rolex logo clasp moved onto new bracelet... Completed!
Endlinks slightly bent to add a nice fitting... Completed!

...now I need to find a gasket for the back as the one it had was dry and broken. Now I know why it didn't pass the water resistance test. Anyone know the size or where (da hell) can I find one? I am tempted to pick a crown and tube, to be honest, as the one that came with the watch had scratches and doesn't have any gasket inside.

Some pics of this lovely watch:

V01mKo.jpg

Looking really good bro. You might just have to measure the gasket groove and try to match it that way. If you can post a size here, I'll help look. I think esslinger has some, also offrei and cousins.uk, ali express. I'm sure ebay too.

The bracelet looks good! Thanks for the link. I'll probably grab one of those too. Nice work so far!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Just in case anyone wants to replace tube & crown with decent ones, I took some quick pics (I probably measured the wrong stuff too, lol):

V0RXns.jpg
V0RHdp.jpg

V0R3rh.jpg

V0RmfD.jpg

V0RAzU.jpg

V0nDd8.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's useful info, how did you remove it and did you damage it doing so? Wondering if a replacement would require the case to be re-tapped?