• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Received and accepted QC pictures
DSC_393810cf96171d947634.jpg

Looks very good!! Do you have another QC ( bakelite ) ?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've got this watch. To everyone worrying about TSWatch, I've bought fifty or so watches from a myriad of TDs. I only used TSWatch for the purchase of this watch because they're the only ones that had it. They said, my experience with them puts them up there amongst the best dealers I've dealt with; a slick automated service, they did what they said they would when they said would, the watch arrived quickly, beautifully packaged and presented. I'd have no concerns about using them again (though for a generic watch, I will of course go back to my regular TD - just in case something goes wrong). But they're not out and out scammers out anything silly like that.

Reactions: Mendota and channeh

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
I've got this watch. To everyone worrying about TSWatch, I've bought fifty or so watches from a myriad of TDs. I only used TSWatch for the purchase of this watch because they're the only ones that had it. They said, my experience with them puts them up there amongst the best dealers I've dealt with; a slick automated service, they did what they said they would when they said would, the watch arrived quickly, beautifully packaged and presented. I'd have no concerns about using them again (though for a generic watch, I will of course go back to my regular TD - just in case something goes wrong). But they're not out and out scammers out anything silly like that.

I think these comments really add value to the overall forum and allows people to obtain more choice. It sometimes irks me on "pick-axe" culture when people mention a non-TD.

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

Exactly What he said!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mendota

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Looks very good!! Do you have another QC ( bakelite ) ?

Yes Bakelite. As soon as I get it we will see about modding it and I will post real life pictures when it arrives, I got an email yesterday that it had shipped but I had to ask for a tracking number which they replied would be forthcoming.

DSC_3939578d9fa2a15bf32e.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Yes Bakelite. As soon as I get it we will see about modding it and I will post real life pictures when it arrives, I got an email yesterday that it had shipped but I had to ask for a tracking number which they replied would be forthcoming.

DSC_3939578d9fa2a15bf32e.jpg

This is very exciting! Keep us posted.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

No - there was some funky business and the owner of the site wouldn't back down and I could see some stubbornness that his claims weren't validated - only the buyers - in a particular dispute. However, I still see him as a good dealer (like Trusty-time etc), but RWI's team won't help you out in a dispute.

The TSW team sources some good builds every once in a while and they have someone on their team who is reasonably skilled with repairing watches.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Thrasher This looks really good. What is the case size? Is this like the inaccurate Silix big crowns that are 40mm? What are you planning to do to it? Looking forward to seeing a build log with that bad boy. I might follow-up later this spring with a purchase myself. It could be a good introduction to the 6542 and could serve as a good piece for me to practice modding before embarking on a path towards a Vietnam build.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Thrasher This looks really good. What is the case size? Is this like the inaccurate Silix big crowns that are 40mm? What are you planning to do to it? Looking forward to seeing a build log with that bad boy. I might follow-up later this spring with a purchase myself. It could be a good introduction to the 6542 and could serve as a good piece for me to practice modding before embarking on a path towards a Vietnam build.

MOVEMENT: Asian 2836 25J Automatic 28800vph

FUNCTIONS: Hour. Min. Second. GMT. Date

CASE DIAMETER: 38mm

THICKNESS: 14mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial With Vintage Dot Marker.

DATE: Red/Black two tone date wheel as same as genuine

CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Stainless Steel 316L Vintage Bracelet

FRONT GLASS: Acrylic Crystal

BEZEL: Bakelite

GMT: Working GMT Hand

CROWN: High quality Rolex replacement crown (original replacement part)

OTHER: Water resistant

OTHER: Solid case back

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 adjust by crown

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Yeah, I read some cool articles about the SYL store and their relationship they developed with Rolex. Very cool history. Thrasher This is awesome. I think I am sold. I might go with the unaged version and then practice on it myself. I am going to try the Hillbilly Plating process mentioned earlier in this post! I am glad that the case size is 38mm, as well, because that will give a good feel for how a Vietnam build would be. I think a BPSD and this could both be good practice watches for me to build some skills on before moving onto the Vietnam builds. At least Ruby can help with a lot of the parts for those...

wombob78

13/10/14
Hey Ish, I brassed the stock bezel via ‘hillbilly plating’!
Heating the steel with a butane blowtorch and then brushing with a pure brass wire brush. Steel has a higher melting temp than brass, so if you heat it sufficiently the brass from the brush melts onto the surface of the steel.

Nicely done ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hor-Fan