• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Hey Ish, I brassed the stock bezel via ‘hillbilly plating’!
Heating the steel with a butane blowtorch and then brushing with a pure brass wire brush. Steel has a higher melting temp than brass, so if you heat it sufficiently the brass from the brush melts onto the surface of the steel.

Oh ok so you're a magician! Damn nice work.

me&tedd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
Ok, the whole thing becomes really redicilous. I paid for the watch on February, 28th. I had to waited about one week for payment confirmation. Than it took another week to get QC pics. After QC pic were confirmed it took about another week to get a mail, that the watch has been dispatched but I still get no tracking number because quote: „ Dear friend,

We are sorry for the delaying, but this shipment time to get tracking no., cos parcel need arrive a transfer station first, then transfer to Germany by DHL.
We have pressed our courier, once get tracking no. will inform you.
Pls kindly wait.“

Honestly, I understand really why these guys are not TD. I order watches from China since years and have to say, this one it’s really weird.

Just wanted to share my experience...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Ok, the whole thing becomes really redicilous. I paid for the watch on February, 28th. I had to waited about one week for payment confirmation. Than it took another week to get QC pics. After QC pic were confirmed it took about another week to get a mail, that the watch has been dispatched but I still get no tracking number because quote: „ Dear friend,

We are sorry for the delaying, but this shipment time to get tracking no., cos parcel need arrive a transfer station first, then transfer to Germany by DHL.
We have pressed our courier, once get tracking no. will inform you.
Pls kindly wait.“

Honestly, I understand really why these guys are not TD. I order watches from China since years and have to say, this one it’s really weird.

Just wanted to share my experience...

Quote +1 ......the same like 4 years ago, never received from them

Reactions: itgoes211

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I repeat I made an order from TS 4 years ago when they were here TD, but many including me received nothing, and after they were canceled from here, I tried to contact them again but with different answers on shipping and payments, as he said @me & Tedd it seems very ridiculous to me, and that's why I'm not a TD

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I repeat I made an order from TS 4 years ago when they were here TD, but many including me received nothing, and after they were canceled from here, I tried to contact them again but with different answers on shipping and payments, as he said @me & Tedd it seems very ridiculous to me, and that's why I'm not a TD

As you are aware other people have received their watches so its like life you take your chances. Ride a Motorcycle in Los Angeles Traffic and then tell me how risky rep watch buying is.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
As you are aware other people have received their watches so its like life you take your chances. Ride a Motorcycle in Los Angeles Traffic and then tell me how risky rep watch buying is.
You know it ain't exactly like this. Today you get your chances by ordering from an unknown dealer, but 4 years ago he was a TD: one could have expected much more from him. Pity as it seems he chose to keep the money and send no watch.
He should not be supported now and I won't be ordering from him although I find this release very interesting.

Reactions: stufuse

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
You know it ain't exactly like this. Today you get your chances by ordering from an unknown dealer, but 4 years ago he was a TD: one could have expected much more from him. Pity as it seems he chose to keep the money and send no watch.
He should not be supported now and I won't be ordering from him although I find this release very interesting.

I asked Sead to get it for me and he couldn't, I would of happily paid Sead a little extra (or any other TD from any forum) but still I guess the guy has these cornered, HorFan got his that's good enough for me.

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12

+1

Reactions: laoban_nicolas

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
I ordered 4 watches 6542 all together I found myself very well entered my country I am waiting for arrival

Hmm... Not sure I am too keen to find myself 'very well entered' - meanwhile vietnam spec build case is almost twice the price of the entire watch here. Looks like you get shafted no matter which route you take. How the hell is TS the only ones who are selling this watch. Do they make it in-house?

Last edited:

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Hmm... Not sure I am too keen to get myself 'very well entered' - meanwhile vietnam spec build case is almost twice the price of the entire watch here. Looks like you get shafted no matter which route you take. How the hell is TS the only ones who are selling this watch. Do they make it in-house?

I do not understand what you mean

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
other experiences with TS?

Seriously This is not the we hate TS WATCH thread.. This is the NEW-6542-BUDGET-FACTORY-OPTION-by-ts-station. I think I have been around long enough to know its a risk. If your not interested in talking about the watch Move along please.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Seriously This is not the we hate TS WATCH thread.. This is the NEW-6542-BUDGET-FACTORY-OPTION-by-ts-station. I think I have been around long enough to know its a risk. If your not interested in talking about the watch Move along please.

Hey man, when you get yours can you post some sweet pics of it and share your thoughts about it? Which one did you go for? Did you pay extra and have a little coffee spilled on it or are you doing that yourself? :p

I am planning to eventually do a Vietnam case build for this, as the 6542 is on my grail list, but I have to say this offering is indeed tempting as it hits all of the touch points for me. The only real downside is the modern beat rate 2836. If it's a cool enough watch, you could always drop in a 2846 and that would make it better.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Hey man, when you get yours can you post some sweet pics of it and share your thoughts about it? Which one did you go for? Did you pay extra and have a little coffee spilled on it or are you doing that yourself? :p

I am planning to eventually do a Vietnam case build for this, as the 6542 is on my grail list, but I have to say this offering is indeed tempting as it hits all of the touch points for me. The only real downside is the modern beat rate 2836. If it's a cool enough watch, you could always drop in a 2846 and that would make it better.

I ordered this https://ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25467 the $368 version with riveted bracelet plus $25 for shipping and another $25 in foreign transaction fees, Russian banker payoffs and whatever TOTAL $418....I used my Mastercard and my bank called me the next morning to make sure the charge was legit. I didn't get my Coinbase/Bitcoin account up and running till today....So at least I got that for the future but I try to only buy from Sead and with him payment is much easier.

I will let you guys know if and when I get the watch, I have 90 days to dispute the charges if I get nothing. I just checked the order status and it shows Paid for and awaiting shipping...No QC pictures yet even though the Chat guy said they would send them.

On another Note Sead got me a Sweet VSF Omega 8500 45.5mm with Black insert, Black Dial, Silver 12, 9, 6 and a Speedmaster TIN TIN with a Lemania movement. Sead is sending those straight to Adrian for a santre22 style rebuild of the 8500 and freezing of the 6pm subdial on the speedmaster so it doesn't track the hours which is not genuine the watch may be far from a super rep but its my entertainment.

Santre22 8500 rebuild article https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...view-of-the-vsf-8500-clone-movement-pic-heavy

me&tedd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
Hor-Fan can you please share some infos to the crown replacement? Did the crown fit the stock tube or did you retap it? What is the drill and tap size? Should the stem be modified topfit gen crown?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Hor-Fan can you please share some infos to the crown replacement? Did the crown fit the stock tube or did you retap it? What is the drill and tap size? Should the stem be modified topfit gen crown?

The gen crown fits the stock tube threads, but the stock tube is too long, I had to grind off a bit to allow the crown to sit tight against the case. Stem was a direct swap, no modding or trimming was required.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Received and accepted QC pictures
DSC_393810cf96171d947634.jpg