• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
It means he didn't think he could re-shape them and get all 4 even, so he declined to even try.

Oh, ok I thought you meant he declined because it was a rep. I agree shortening the lugs is no joke..

me&tedd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
Hey, we’re talking about replica watch. Sure you can go for double so expensive phong case and put another 500 bucks for dial, hands and movement. But I think to fix the lug length is almost the same work as reshape the lugs on silix 6538 case. I mean if you‘d like to play with it you can achieve everything you want.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
missing a dot after the 12 hr marker on the bezel - almost missed it!

quoting myself so future readers have some reference.

I was all for getting this watch but those lugs are killing me. Could they be shortened without risking the lugholes do you think?

13:00 hour lume dot is not missing on the bezel of the one Hor-Fan received ... so it's just a question of checking the QC Pics before accepting the watch to ne shipped.

About the lugs ... they could be too long but there is enough steel to shorten them a little without risking to get the lugholes to close to the lug ends ... all you need need is some diamond files, multiple grade sanding paper, a good caliper and patience.

Reactions: Mendota and me&tedd

me&tedd

3/3/15
And what about spring bars? At the pic on the first page it looks like there are thick spring bars installed but here thin are installed and Eva from customer service mentioned, that no thick can be accepted.

4f2ad20d8793f35e1dc4a7b5aaffa6fd.jpg

Here is the QC picture

127723d2c433ed20c6f7ad582e0b87d9.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

armedcor

1/2/14
Sounds like the cartel reps. They need to lugs drilled out before they can accept gen spec spring bars.

me&tedd

3/3/15
Just mailed them about this and TS wrote back that they can do thick lug holes but the bracelet will not accept thick spring bars. Hor-Fan did you receive the watch with thick spring bars?

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Just mailed them about this and TS wrote back that they can do thick lug holes but the bracelet will not accept thick spring bars. Hor-Fan did you receive the watch with thick spring bars?

No, I put those in myself

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

LOL, do you realise that's exactly what he said in the post before yours?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25636

There is a version with Swiss ETA 2836 for near 700$ and looks like they updated the dial but not sure about that.

The asian clone version is $350 cheaper. For the $350 difference you can buy a brand new Swiss ETA 2824 Top Grade and get it installed. I would definitely pass on that alleged swiss ETA (there is lots of literature in this forum explaining that these alleged genuine ETA movements are usually old recycled movements, with parts mixed from different ones, etc).

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
The asian clone version is $350 cheaper. For the $350 difference you can buy a brand new Swiss ETA 2824 Top Grade and get it installed. I would definitely pass on that alleged swiss ETA (there is lots of literature in this forum explaining that these alleged genuine ETA movements are usually old recycled movements, with parts mixed from different ones, etc).

Oh its good to know what about dial it looks better or maybe its my eyes. What would be decent option buying 350 vintage watch and buying vietnan gilt dial + New or Serviced ETA 2836 or hand built one im planning to go for leather bracelet just to ignore the SELs

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14
Oh its good to know what about dial it looks better or maybe its my eyes. What would be decent option buying 350 vintage watch and buying vietnan gilt dial + New or Serviced ETA 2836 or hand built one im planning to go for leather bracelet just to ignore the SELs

I might be wrong but I don't think the 2836 would fit as is. And you'd probably have to buy new hands and a new stem. Not worth the investment I think.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I might be wrong but I don't think the 2836 would fit as is. And you'd probably have to buy new hands and a new stem. Not worth the investment I think.

So i gotta save up more for yodogs 6542 built i guess anyways thanks for your reply its appericated

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

These are not SELs :)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Hang on, so swapping an asian 2836 clone for a swiss ETA 2836 would not work? Are you really sure? We are talking about the same movement, literally...

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hang on, so swapping an asian 2836 clone for a swiss ETA 2836 would not work? Are you really sure? We are talking about the same movement, literally...

Afaik the 2836 GMT is an Asian mod so a "Swiss movement" will be a standard swiss ETA 2836 with a Chinese GMT mod installed.
That said Asian vs Swiss is a direct swap meaning hands will fit, you just need to check the size of your GMT hand hole as it can be either 1.8 or 2.0 mm.

Reactions: Nivka

laoban_nicolas

Known Member
Patron
Certified
15/11/14

I meant the 2836 can't be swapped for a 2824. Thanks for clarifying