• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Didn’t that dealer used to be “trusted” here?
I logged into the website and have an old account with an order on there from 2012 !!

If memory serves me right they sold the business to someone else

A RWI member’s watch got seized in customs

After a very lengthy process; a thread buried here somewhere; which had what seemed all the mods including the boss involved. They still refused to send the replacement watch

They were thrown out

Then the customer a few months later did something got thrown in the brig (?) and then banned (?)

its going back a long time. So I can’t gurantee the authenticity of this as much as TRF can’t gurantee the existence of the elusive 6542 PanAm

Reactions: Bmwdpe19

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Ruby offers four variations: black gilt, black gilt w/red depth, black gilt Serpico y Laino, albino "Pan Am". They are all gen-spec and snap-on, so they'd need work to mate with an ETA or Hangzhou.

http://rubyswatch.com/Products/parts/gmt-6542

I'd leave it to yodog , tripdog and TheSociety to comment on quality.

Ruby also mentioned to me that she could put a "Tiffany & Co." stamp on a 6542 dial if I wanted for the same price - she already has a decent looking Tiffany logo that she uses on other dials. I am highly tempted to take her up on that, but I can't part from my albino build right now. This would give me that chance.

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
Ruby also mentioned to me that she could put a "Tiffany & Co." stamp on a 6542 dial if I wanted for the same price - she already has a decent looking Tiffany logo that she uses on other dials. I am highly tempted to take her up on that, but I can't part from my albino build right now. This would give me that chance.

How much? she doesn’t advertise prices for her pieces..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Sead can't, at least as of now.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Need to know if this will take a genuine size dial. Then you can turn it into a 6538 big crown. That’s what I want it for. All the correct current offerings (except Vietnam) all use big oversized dials rendering the case useless for a franken.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Fyi, I've ordered one of these - I've always lusted after a Tripdog build, but have an issue with the price given the spec I want (the price of the parts I mean, I've certainly no issue with Trip's reasonable fee). I'm hoping this will scratch the itch enough to stop me spending megabucks on the build I really want. I'll update you guys with any QC pics, once approved, and assuming I get mod approval (if TSwatch even send them).

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I’ve got one on the way as well, shipped yesterday but they sent it slow-boat because of DHL customs fears. I’ll provide specs when I get it, if no one else has.

Reactions: 369mafia

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

Hor-Fan Dizzy Hello there i was browsing vietnam parts for vintage 6542 project and came across with this website http://rubyswatch.com and parts look identical to the vintage rolex gmts from TSWatch.I think they use them as suplier and when they claim its "handmade" what they are doing is modifying dial feet for the eta calibre movements and aging hands and dial.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Hor-Fan Dizzy Hello there i was browsing vietnam parts for vintage 6542 project and came across with this website http://rubyswatch.com and parts look identical to the vintage rolex gmts from TSWatch.I think they use them as suplier and when they claim its "handmade" what they are doing is modifying dial feet for the eta calibre movements and aging hands and dial.

I doubt it, the case set from Ruby is $$$$.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
I doubt it, the case set from Ruby is $$$$.

well yea but when you go to tswatches website and when you click to the handmade vintage watches there is a 6542 tropical with latino texts and when i checked the rubys site 1 week ago it had that option and bakelite bezel seems 1:1 to me compared to the rubys one maybe they made a deal on the case set and dial reducing the price but ordering lot more so thats win - win for the both sides i guess?