• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5514 comex caseback help

Mika00

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/10/17
Hello guys,

As someone here might know - I am a big fan of vintage watches. I have the most common watches such as 1665, 5512 and 5514 with mid size caseback.

Recently tripdog did a great job of reshaping the 5514 case and making my comex project completed!

I can never hold my tracks and enjoy what I have for too long before my mind automatically drifts away and starts thinking what's going to be next...

My next project will be either 1665 MK2 thin case or 5514 with big numbers. I am leaning more towards 5514 with big numbers however I bumped into this issue of finding correct case back for this watch. All the TD's I checked had nothing what I wanted hence it's making it very difficult to source correct part.

Thinking outside the box would be potentially buying plain caseback from Phong and then engrave the big numbers somewhere else however I don't know anyone who would do such job as they will say no as soon as they hear 'Rolex'.

Does anyone know where to get such caseback or is it pretty much impossible to do?

Many thanks in advance!

I also attatch picture of example so you know what I am on about :D
FSWOT.jpg

Mika00

INMATE
7/10/17
I sent him pm! Amazing work. Many thanks!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
He hasn’t logged in here for a while. He’s my buddy. I’ll send him an email with the link to this post.

Dizzy

Mika00

INMATE
7/10/17
Thanks, otherwise I can dm him on insta. I will wait for his reply on here first.

nevikwen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/6/09
Mika00
Hi Mika,
Just wondering how did it turn out? Was neckyzips able to help do the engraving?? Would appreciate the info!

Thanks for the help

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Mika00
Hi Mika,
Just wondering how did it turn out? Was neckyzips able to help do the engraving?? Would appreciate the info!

Thanks for the help

I dont think he will reply anytime soon considering he's brigged.